Shadow Guard WIP, Finland

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Zniper98
TKID: 71137

Re: Shadow Guard WIP, Finland

Post by Zniper98 »

Maxall wrote: ↑Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:22 pm Love the work that you're doing. Great job thinking outside the box using a model drill to make holes and then cut.

If you can find an R/C Car store nearby or online they make scissors that are built to cut ABS plastic like that. You may find that easier or at least quicker.

I picked up a pair like these: https://www.amazon.com/Maxmoral-Trimmin ... 83&sr=8-25

Keep up the good work.

Dave
Hi!
Thank you so much! I gotta say, I honestly love how welcoming and helpful this community is!
I checked and as far as quick googling goes, there doesn't seem to be a shop nearby that would sell those. Imma keep looking though!
Luckily the only thing I really have left is the spats and then it's sanding time! Our university has free facilities which I can utilize, so that part won't be too much of a hassle :shadow:

Zniper98

Post by Zniper98 »

Hi! Thought I could give a small update as to how everything is going! I was supposed to trim my armor at the facilities provided by university, but due to COVID I decided to instead get myself a proper tool for the job.

Moi! Nopea päivitys edistyksestä: Alunperin mun piti hioa armorini yliopiston tiloissa, mutta koronan takia en ole näin tehnyt vaan kävin ostamassa itselleni sopivan työkalun.

Bought from Puuilo for 69,90€
Ostettu Puuilosta hintaan 69,90€

I will probably start trimming the armor sometime next week. Next I will start tracking down extra HIPS for the mounting spots. :shadow:
Ensi viikolla alan todennäköisesti työstämään armoria. Seuraavaksi tarvitsen HIPS-muovia kiinnityspisteitä varten. :shadow:

Zniper98

Post by Zniper98 »

Finally got some time to work on the armor! I tried to go through every piece but only ended up finishing the front, back and shins.

Löysin vihdoin aikaa armorille! Koetin saada koko armorin tehtyä, mutta sain loppujen lopuksi valmiiksi vain etu-, taka- ja sääripanssarit.

I also did some initial work with the gauntlets, but I'm advancing with care because I'm still not quite sure as to how much I'm supposed to take from them...

Aloittelin myös kyynärsuojia, mutta etenen hitaasti ja varoen, koska en ole täysin varma mitä niiden kanssa tulisi tehdä...

Still looking for extra HIPS -plastic for the gauntlets and especially the helmet, with the only option so far costing around 63$ (52€) per square meter.

Etsin edelleen HIPS -muovia kyynärsuojia varten ja erityisesti kypärään, mutta ainoa tähän mennessä vastaan tullut vaihtoehto kustantaa 52€ (63$) per neliömetri.

Slowly but surely!
Hitaasti mutta varmasti!
:shadow:

etc
TKID: 23559

Post by etc »

Estas con un buen trabajo

Enviado desde mi SNE-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

:shadow:

Zniper98

Post by Zniper98 »

Hei kaikki!
Hi everyone!

Anteeksi etten ole ollut aktiivinen tämän sivun päivittämisessä. Sain puvun valmiiksi ja minut hyväksyttiin jäseneksi joulukuussa 2021. Elämä on ollut hektistä, mutta koetan löytää aikaa kirjoittaa tarpeeksi, että pääsette samaan lopputulokseen halutessanne :shadow:

Sorry that I haven't been active with this thread. I finished the costume and got accepted into the 501st Legion on December 2021. Life has been hectic ever since, but I am finally trying to figure out some time to finish this thread with enough instructions for newer people :shadow:

Ystävällisin terveisin,
Best Regards,

TR-71137

PS.
Tässä kuva ekalta troopilta!
Here is a picture from my first-ever troop!
Kuvan ottanut Kormugraphy
Photographed by Kormugraphy

Imperialguard#26

Post by Imperialguard#26 »

Where did you get the armor yourself from which maker because I need to get armor and helmet for my shadow guard as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zniper98

Post by Zniper98 »

Imperialguard#26 wrote: ↑Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 pm Where did you get the armor yourself from which maker because I need to get armor and helmet for my shadow guard as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the armor from Walt's Trooper Factory. :shadow: