The force Unleashed Costume Upgrades/ increased screen accuracy

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Batsk
TKID: 11150

The force Unleashed Costume Upgrades/ increased screen accuracy

Post by Batsk »

The level program has been cancelled due to potentially promoting elitism. Guards are welcome to post questions here if they wish to increase the overall screen accuracy of their tfu guards.

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Re: The force Unleashed Costume Upgrade/ Level Program

Post by Sith Lord »

What's this in reference to? Like the Level 2, Level 3 stuff that other detachments have? Both the TFU Royal Guard and Shadow Guard only have 2 items that have Level 2/3 requirements, so I don't really see the point?

If this IS what it's about, will the CRL be getting updated to enable L2/L3 enhancments?

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

Sith Lord wrote:What's this in reference to? Like the Level 2, Level 3 stuff that other detachments have? Both the TFU Royal Guard and Shadow Guard only have 2 items that have Level 2/3 requirements, so I don't really see the point?

If this IS what it's about, will the CRL be getting updated to enable L2/L3 enhancments?
As a response to increased desire for accuracy in costuming we have decided to implement costuming levels similar to what is available in some of the other detachments. I am currently working on getting the TFU guards completed and the levels are there to signify how close a particular costumer has made it to being as close as possible to the character that was presented in the Force Unleashed games. Even though levels have been implemented in other detachments for many years they have been avoided in the Sovereign Protectors because we have been wanting guards to have pride in their costumes and not foster an elitist attitudes. The changes in the CRLs which have been made and are in the works are also geared towards bringing more accurate representations of the characters to light. To answer another query yes the Force unleashed CRLs are being updated.

So in summary the point is to encourage costumers to achieve utmost excellence with their costumes. It's entirely optional and you are free to seek whatever level of accuracy from basic certification onward.

:trsuit:

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Post by Sith Lord »

Ok cool, good idea. But would it have been worth announcing it AFTER the CRLs have been updated? There's nothing to see or do right now.

Please post up a reminder or announcement when the CRL is updated so we can re-look at it again.

Kimera
TKID: 22696

Post by Kimera »

Hi fellow Guards !
I'm Dario Brambilla from Italica Garrison TR-22696 and I write also for my friend Maurizio Lollini TR-13017. We're Shadow Guard and we're requesting for LVL 3 certification.
Thank you for your attention.
We'll be waiting for further instructions to proceed.
(pls note that I'm writing for my friends because he hasn't a PC and his skills in english are very poor and we bought our costume from the same props maker)
:shadow: :shadow:
Dario Brambilla
TR 22696
Italica Garrison

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

Kimera wrote:Hi fellow Guards !
I'm Dario Brambilla from Italica Garrison TR-22696 and I write also for my friend Maurizio Lollini TR-13017. We're Shadow Guard and we're requesting for LVL 3 certification.
Thank you for your attention.
We'll be waiting for further instructions to proceed.
(pls note that I'm writing for my friends because he hasn't a PC and his skills in english are very poor and we bought our costume from the same props maker)
:shadow: :shadow:
Ok Dario Let's get you a build review thread going. I will start this one off for you since you're the first to participate in the program.
In there you will post overall your front, sides, and back overall pictures.
We will also need at least 3 pictures of each piece of your armor.

Sparkplug2
TKID: 61412

Post by Sparkplug2 »

Is the level 2 or 3 programm still alive?
I am a shadow guard from Austria.
Best regards

Batsk

Post by Batsk »

The program has been cancelled because of concerns relating to promoting elitism. Even so the crl lists all of the details needed to reach the highest standards of screen accuracy.

I will be releasing a tutorial that shows people how to make game accurate bracers which are currently the most difficult portion to describe for the tfu guards. For the chest and backplate following the rotj stormtrooper build guides for the type of edge trim and how to apply it to the chest and back are a must. For the outer robes we have the pattern listed. I can look it up for you if so desired. As far as I know we currently only have one armorer that provides the outer with the needed modifications.

The shins must be straight and not have curved surfaces along the faces. And the belt must not have a visible rivet. Any questions about increasing your kits screen accuracy are most welcome.

bennroe

Re: The force Unleashed Costume Upgrades/ increased screen accuracy

Post by bennroe »

Did the bracers tutorial ever happen? They're the part I keep putting off because I'm not sure whether a slit down the inside is allowed, or how to properly fit them if I have to squeeze my hand through the wrist opening.

Also, how committed is leadership to the Attack of the Clones style cloak in this post-Rogue One world? Both the cloaked version of the shadow guard from TFU, and the cloaked picture of the shadow guard on Wookieepedia seem to have robes that more closely resemble Rogue One than Attack of the Clones. I'd rather design my cloak to be as accurate as possible to the available references, but I don't want to get turned down because my shoulders differ slightly from the Attack of the Clones style.