Starting my Shadow Guard build (MI)

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

RNorthup

Starting my Shadow Guard build (MI)

Post by RNorthup »

I've been stalking the forums here, planning, reading, and thinking and now have finally officially got the ball rolling with my build.

My Amazon shopping spree got me most of the soft bits:
-Red Kap undersuit
-Leather Mystics gauntlets
-Leather band and buckle for the belt
-Funtasma Officer boots

As for the hard bits, after some back and forth thinking, I decided to purchase a 3D file for the armor from an Etsy vendor with a reputation for good 3D armor work. It was $50 for the file (which contains all the armor and the pike) and now I can scale and size it specifically for me. As a larger guy with some odd proportions, I was concerned that a 'standard' set from WTF would not fit well and look odd. It'll be a bit more work to print, assemble, sand, and paint, but in the end it should be a better fit for a little less money.

The Funtasma boots are better than I expected for the price. The height seems OK, but the opening is only 18" and I need at least 21". I'm planning on getting a good custom boot as my primary, but I'd like to keep the Funtasma as a backup pair, but I would need to modify them. I was thinking I could rip the front seam down a few inches from the top and put an elastic stretch panel to get it to fit. I figured that it would be completely covered by the shin armor, so as long as it's not visible, I would think it should be OK, but I'd love to hear what you guys think about the idea.

Other than that, I'll keep you posted as I progress.

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Re: Starting my Shadow Guard build (MI)

Post by Allan1313 »

That's a pretty good start. So long as the seams are not visible with the shin guards you should be fine.

Where are the 3d files from? Can you post some pictures of the renders?
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison