Help with shadow guard

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Challo21

Help with shadow guard

Post by Challo21 »

Hey guys. I got my Walt kit. First off, for the forearms, I didn’t get any cover strips? For those of you with Walt kits, is that just the case? He doesn’t provide them?
Secondly, my ab plate goes passed my breasts. Generally how low do people trim the ab plate?
Lastly, what/how do you connect the back and front plate to each other? (Pics would be appreciated).

Thanks everyone!

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Re: Help with shadow guard

Post by Allan1313 »

Welcome! So there should be no cover strips for the forearms. You will need to put the two sides together and fill the seam. They should be seamless. Mine is the red version, but its the same thing. Here are the forearms:

For the ab plate it should just go from the belt to under the chest plate. You are going to want some of it to extend under the chest so you can secure it to the back of the chest, but if it's too much cut some from the top. Here are some pics of mine:

An overall shot of the ab/chest and forearms

Here is the strapping I used. Mostly nylon strapping with snaps, a few elastic straps in there as well.

Hopefully that gives you an idea. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Post by Sith Lord »

Holy humungous photos, Allan! lol

Time to do some research..... Read up on the various builds. I have quite a few detailed photos in my build thread (next thread down, I think)

And no, no coverstrips. I just used off cuts from the helmet to reinforce the inside

Challo21

Post by Challo21 »

Wow! Thank you for the detailed pics! I will definitely have to make it to some armor parties (once this corona crap ends!).

Thanks guys!