Shadow Gaurd TFU (WIP) Any help is appreciated

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Re: Shadow Gaurd TFU (WIP) Any help is appreciated

Post by Sith Lord »

DAK82 wrote:if you look at the CRLs its a flat shin where the wtf swop out on the top as well i mark on the pic best to speck to the new DL see if there pass or not whit him
He's doing the Shadow Guard, so it's up to his GML, not the Detachment Leader.

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Post by DAK82 »

Sith Lord wrote:
DAK82 wrote:if you look at the CRLs its a flat shin where the wtf swop out on the top as well i mark on the pic best to speck to the new DL see if there pass or not whit him
He's doing the Shadow Guard, so it's up to his GML, not the Detachment Leader.
yes your right keep forgetting the shadow guard is now green lit you need to speck to your GML

RainbowVOD

Post by RainbowVOD »

Well I sent a message to the DL so I guess oops? where do i find my GML?

:shadow:

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

RainbowVOD wrote:Well I sent a message to the DL so I guess oops? where do i find my GML?

See my reply to you on page 2.

RainbowVOD

Post by RainbowVOD »

Found one of the local GML's and sent an email, thank you.

RainbowVOD

Post by RainbowVOD »

Got in contact finally with Ross from RWA creations, apparently just emailing them emits a much faster if any reply. According to him certain parts of the TFU shadow guard kit need to be remade as they no longer fit CRL specifications, so I guess myself and others may have to wait to purchase kits from them.

I've yet to hear back about the possibility of modifying the shins on the WTF kit to fit specification from my local GML but ill keep the thread posted on the outcome of that if it ever comes.

Wondering how I'm going to procure a helmet if I go with RWA as most people apparently say the accuracy and quality is slightly better for the TFU SG kit.
as for WTF if we'll see what happens in regards to modifications.

Might as well ask since its on my mind, anyone got any input on ventilation for these kits? I live in a decently cold area year round so I like to be pretty warm (around 85-90*f is my ideal temperature, I like it hotter than most.) so I dont wanna break any heat traps on the kit but I also want to be able to breathe properly as I have medical trouble with that sometimes normally and not be disgustingly sweaty.

Thanks again Guardsman for your input! It always makes me very happy to see replies and talk with you all about this passion!

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Post by DAK82 »

having a look at the CRLs looks like there changed the Vambraces wording did he have a time when he may have the changes done ?

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Post by Maxall »

RainbowVOD wrote:Might as well ask since its on my mind, anyone got any input on ventilation for these kits? I live in a decently cold area year round so I like to be pretty warm (around 85-90*f is my ideal temperature, I like it hotter than most.) so I dont wanna break any heat traps on the kit but I also want to be able to breathe properly as I have medical trouble with that sometimes normally and not be disgustingly sweaty.
I picked up a Snow Trooper Kit from Troopacoola. I have two fans mounted in the chest with tubes that bring fresh air into my helmet. Two fans are mounted in the top of my helmet to move air around and down my face.

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

Plenty of WTF have been approved, so you shouldn't have a problem. If you do and the GML wants the shins modified, then just do it. It will be so easy to do. Literally 2 cuts per piece so no need to make such a big deal about it.

If you have a medical condition, then maybe a different kit is better suited. There is ZERO circulation in these helmets. You'll need to duct some piping in there from fans. Not sure about heat though.