Shadow Guard CRL

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Shadow Guard CRL

Post by Sith Lord »

Did the Shadow Guard CRL always say "No visible Rivet" on the belt, or is it a new addition. If always there, why are costumes being approved with it there?

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Re: Shadow Guard CRL

Post by DAK82 »

to what i know it rivet was there on the CRLs that why i ordered the belts i did just got to swap out the strap on my now and give my strap to my mate to use on his

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Per the game model there is only grooved with no rivet. Some folks who have officer uniforms use belts for multi costumes, so that's why you see some costumes with them. Not all gmls pickup on small details.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Not all gmls pickup on small details.
It's not the GML. It's the Detachment Leader, or his nominee, that does the approvals in the GML section on the main boards. It is certainly Brian who does them all at the moment. Not sure who did them during your period.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Shadowguard where done by gml during my time. Because the OPTIONAL robe did not have a photo the Lmos turned them back to DL. Unless the process has changed the gml goes to peer review then get feedback on if things meet standards. I do know they changed page format for review since I had access. Detachment leaders never had a tab to approve costume in the database that layed with gml control pannel.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Shadowguard where done by gml during my time. Because the OPTIONAL robe did not have a photo the Lmos turned them back to DL. Unless the process has changed the gml goes to peer review then get feedback on if things meet standards. I do know they changed page format for review since I had access. Detachment leaders never had a tab to approve costume in the database that layed with gml control pannel.
Ah, never knew they used to be green lit, then reverted back. Interesting.

Process is now, GMLs submit to boards for peer review, DL will say approved (or not), then post in the LMO thread asking to give access to the costume. LMO inputs, then GML does the final entering of the costume.

GMLs technically should recommend or state what their concerns are, but most of the time the just post a bunch of pictures and say they're submitting for approval... DL basically says Yay or Nay.

DAK82

Post by DAK82 »

Sith Lord wrote:
LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Shadowguard where done by gml during my time. Because the OPTIONAL robe did not have a photo the Lmos turned them back to DL. Unless the process has changed the gml goes to peer review then get feedback on if things meet standards. I do know they changed page format for review since I had access. Detachment leaders never had a tab to approve costume in the database that layed with gml control pannel.
Ah, never knew they used to be green lit, then reverted back. Interesting.

Process is now, GMLs submit to boards for peer review, DL will say approved (or not), then post in the LMO thread asking to give access to the costume. LMO inputs, then GML does the final entering of the costume.

GMLs technically should recommend or state what their concerns are, but most of the time the just post a bunch of pictures and say they're submitting for approval... DL basically says Yay or Nay.
is is this the way you app? cos my GML say its not to do whit him as its not a full CRL and to send it to the DL so no clue how to app at the mo

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

Yes. I think I mentioned in your other thread. Tell him to check the GML Survival Guide:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/GMLSurvivalGuide

BLANK CRL SUBMISSION What is it? A CRL that is blank or/and lists the following...“This CRL is a work in progress. As such, this costume must be approved by the Legion Membership Officer, via the appropriate section of the Legion forum.â€Â
Post the images provided on the respective Detachment thread located on the GML section of the site: https://www.501st.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 You will receive feedback from LMO's and the appropriate detachment staff.

Here it is here:

ImageUntitled by Ian Naden, on Flickr

The DL does approve/decline it, but it has to be done above. Your GML, or at least the CO really should know this...

DAK82

Post by DAK82 »

thanks may send one of the over GMls a pm and ask them think we have 3 in the uk

TK9115
TKID: 0

Post by TK9115 »

OK I've been quoting what on the 501st Boards

David it's probably best if you keep all your questions and getting this sorted in one thread rather than us developing multiple ones. I'm not a GML, I'm an armourer

Is the TFU CRL finished yet or not? There's a thread that says it would be finalised 12/1/20.
If not the GML can't clear. Just so I'm clear on this so I can go back to him, is it for him to forward clearance photos to the GML page and the DL has the final say in there? I.e. get photos to your GML as noted and they will post to the Legion GML boards. With detachment staff and GML on board the LMO will clear the costume? I see why it would be more of a collective without a finished CRL.

If someone doesn't know something, for whatever reason, saying someone should know isn't really helpful. ;) Thanks for pointing out the relevant section on the 501st boards (I can't access them as not a GML) but will make sure this is progressed.

I'm not sure why this appears to be such an issue as variations of guard without finalised CRLs have been cleared previously! :roll: First one I've been involved in though a learning opportunity for me. If we finally get the CRL signed off, this can be knocked on the head :lol:

Thank

Craig
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'