new Va shadow guard

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Levipeterson79

new Va shadow guard

Post by Levipeterson79 »

greetings everyone!!! thanks to a black friday sale i managed to score a walt's trooper factory shadow guard :D i loved them in TFU and they just look amazing. it wont arrive for awhile tho so i am going to gather up my soft parts, these are the gloves and jump suit i will be using

so i know the breast pockets will be covered by the armour but what about the collar section and the hip pockets? will the kama cover those? and speaking of the kama, this is the red kap brand jump suit so what fabric will i need for it? the specs say it is a cotton and synthetic blend so do i just need to use cotton? for the belt i already had an officer approved so i am going to take the buckle from that and just make a new belt, i built my gun belt rig for my MMCC mandalorian so im capable of leather working lol, and finally i will also be using my boots from the officer as well, although im thinking about upgrading those since the christmas season is coming up as well! the only thing im having issues with it the saber staff. i know that it is not required but come on, im not gonna troop without it!!! overall im 6ft 2in so im going to size it about my height with a 24" blade but how long are the separate sections? im confident i can turn them on my lathe i just need a starting point!

ok long rant over! i am looking forward to this build and any advice that people have concerning assembling the Walt's kit would be appreciated! not sure if i wanna do gloss or matte yet so we shall see!! :shadow: :trsuit:

EDIT: for the outer tunic, what does the CRL mean it needs to be backed by another fabric? and velvet needs to match my paint right? gloss or Matte?

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Re: new Va shadow guard

Post by Allan1313 »

I used the red Kap jumpsuit for mine. For the Kama I just got some cotton fabric from Michael's and that worked out well.

The gloves look good.

I am 6'2" as well. Looking at the references the saberpike to me looked like the blade started at the eyes of the helmet. So I made mine to that height and then a 24" blade coming out of it. It's large but looks nice.

The outer tunic should be backed by another fabric, look at the regular Royal Guard CRL's and see how they discuss how the robes are lined on the inside of the velvet with fabric.

Hope some of this helps you.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Levipeterson79

Post by Levipeterson79 »

awesome! i was noticing some talk about the kama tho, is it not just a rectangle?

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

It's a little more like a trapezoid. Shorter at the top near the belt and longer at the bottom. That's so it hangs right along the side of the legs.

Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison

Levipeterson79

Post by Levipeterson79 »

excellent thank you very much!!! im going to gather my soft parts so all i need to do is get the armour finished once i get it.

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Post by Sith Lord »

Mine did end up perfectly rectangular. It will depend on your body shape.

Levipeterson79

Post by Levipeterson79 »

How do i know which way it needs to be?

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Post by Sith Lord »

Levipeterson79 wrote:How do i know which way it needs to be?
Measure it on you. As Allan1313 said, it's got to hang down thesides of your leg. Start of with a rectangle at the right width around your belt. Let it hang down, trim from there depending on where it sits.

Levipeterson79

Post by Levipeterson79 »

my kit will finally arrive tomorrow!!! got my soft parts together more or less so i cant wait to start trimming and gluing :D i will be adding more progress pics here soon, glad to see the CRL is now officially done lol. another question i saw as iv been perusing, are shadow guards allowed to carry DH-17s? i saw a few posts about it so im curious! also do we have a seller on this forum who does the outer robes? i am a proficient seamstress but not sure if i can do this to legion standards!

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Post by Maxall »

Levipeterson79 wrote:another question i saw as iv been perusing, are shadow guards allowed to carry DH-17s?
DH-17s used to be an Optional part of the CRL, but when it was finalized, it appears that option has been removed for Shadow Guards.

v/r,

Dave

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)