TFU Royal Guard from Oz

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Re: TFU Royal Guard from Oz

Post by Sith Lord »

MackeyJ wrote:Looks great mate,mine is due to arrive this week,
Im from Desert scorpion garrison in Perth.i was wondering if i could ask where you sourced your Kama fabric and your red boot elastic strapping from ? did you have to Dye the kama fabric ? at least being in Australia we both have the same retailers to buy from.
Hey mate. Just from Spotlight. Hmmm, looks like I didn't take a photo of the receipt, but it was pretty much the only red that was close to my paint (Paint was Supacheap Auto Red).

Elastic also from Spotlight. Be careful who you speak to though. One sales assistant sold me white elastic and red dye. I got to the check out and that guy said, Oh no elastic is rubber, so it won't dye. Then took me straight to the red elastic!

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

Arcadius256 wrote:Looks absolutely fantastic! Great work. And that helmet work turned out real clean.
Thanks mate.

MackeyJ
TKID: 21422

Post by MackeyJ »

Cheers mate.
My kit arrived yesterday and if already started trimming...I'm aiming for a month completion but as long as I'm done by supanova in June.i will be happy.

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Just going over this thread again and so amazed how good this builder is. An essential thread for anyone building the TFU guard. Congrats mate on the approval.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

Thanks mate. Appreciate it.

ALthough, it cam up in another thread that the WTF shins aren't as accurate as the should be (angles taper the wrong way). I might look at upgrading them, which shouldn't be too hard.

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

Walt's bracers and shins need upgrading in order to be more accurate when compared to the game model. I will post a build thread to help people with making their own set of shins and vambraces.

I use Eva foam for the vambraces but you can easily cover the Eva with fiberglass and resin and once cured they will slide off of the Eva unless you coat it with flexseal first. With my current living situation it is difficult to do any fiberglass work.

The shins are super easy. A couple 1/8" thick plastic signs (private property or warning signs work fairly well) cut to fit then heat and bend with a heat gun and edge of a table.

The bonus of doing it yourself is that you can make everything to fit just right for your build.