LoneRanger's Shadow Guard Build

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

TheLoneRanger
TKID: 44603

Re: LoneRanger's Shadow Guard Build

Post by TheLoneRanger »

Thanks! Still making headway on this, will post pictures soon.

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Post by DAK82 »

TheLoneRanger wrote:Thanks! Next question, know where I can get a Saber Pike kit? The seller here hasn't replied to me in a week, and the only other kit I could find is from Germany with high shipping.

do you have a link for the one in germany as am in the uk so shipping may not be to bad for me thanks

TheLoneRanger

Post by TheLoneRanger »

DAK82 wrote:
TheLoneRanger wrote:Thanks! Next question, know where I can get a Saber Pike kit? The seller here hasn't replied to me in a week, and the only other kit I could find is from Germany with high shipping.

do you have a link for the one in germany as am in the uk so shipping may not be to bad for me thanks
https://www.etsy.com/listing/626166056/ ... -print-kit

TheLoneRanger

Post by TheLoneRanger »

Helmet's nearly done! Got to trim along the neck, but I couldn't resist popping the visor in.

TheLoneRanger

Post by TheLoneRanger »

New question. I fitted my armor, but my helmet does not sit flush on it. I have to force it down into place on my head while I wear the armor, and it slowly pops back up to the point I can barely see out of the visor. Any way to work around this? The armor has been trimmed.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

That is the nature of the ROTJ helmet. TFU helmets are based on a ROTS helmet design which have a narrower shoulder line thus the helmet rest on the body better. It has never been a deal breaker in the past.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

That is the nature of the ROTJ helmet. TFU helmets are based on a ROTS helmet design which have a narrower shoulder line thus the helmet rest on the body better. It has never been a deal breaker in the past.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

TheLoneRanger

Post by TheLoneRanger »

There's still a tiny lip on the helmet, I'll try trimming that off completely.

Edit: Trimmed off the lip, helmet sits absolutely fine now. What a different 3 centimeters can make. :lol:

TheLoneRanger

Post by TheLoneRanger »

Kitted up in some of the armor to get the general look, I'd say it's looking great! I just need the replacement vambrace to arrive before I can fully finish it up.

Shadowhawk01
TKID: 25106

Post by Shadowhawk01 »

TheLoneRanger wrote:New question. I fitted my armor, but my helmet does not sit flush on it. I have to force it down into place on my head while I wear the armor, and it slowly pops back up to the point I can barely see out of the visor. Any way to work around this? The armor has been trimmed.
Have you considered heating the front and back carefully and then pulling them out a bit so it doesn't pinch at the front and back, that should help keep it from riding up.