Royal Guard from The Force Unleashed

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

TK9115
TKID: 0

Re: Royal Guard from The Force Unleashed

Post by TK9115 »

I noticed that the topic for TFU guards says "now a cleared costume" but the links here to the CRL don't work still, and on the 501st site it still says they aren't clearable hence our GML not being able to clear.
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cos ... _tfu_royal

This CRL is a work in progress.
•This costume may be approved, but until the library entry is complete, this costume must be approved by the Detachment Leader or the Legion Membership Officer, via the detachment's thread of the DL/GML peer review section of the Legion forums. This costume cannot be approved at the local level by your GML.
•If you have this costume and would like to assist with the completion of this library entry, please contact your Detachment Leader."
THe CRL is a costume guide, so you should have the pike finished to troop with the UKG as that is screen accurate.

David I've posted on the UKG re thoughts on your build and reposted here too, but noticed you've go more updated photos here;

Your undersuit is a little too baggy. As I said its probably a fitment issue. They shouldn't be skin tight but yours is a little too loose. Maybe add some stirrups or elastic for you thumb/fingers to stretch the material out more and stop it from riding during a troop? It will particularly on your legs as you tuck them in your boots and it will get pulled out as you walk.

Re your pike. Can you post a pic up with you holding it. As per the Shadow Guard pic you posted up, it shouldn't be much more than shoulder height at the emitter/ base of the blade.
You mentioned powder coating your pike? I'd just paint it, using a gloss dark grey metallic/ gunmetal grey. I assume the orange parts are pre finishing then?

Cheers

Craig
Craig

Craig 'TK9115' Johnson
UKG Royal Guard Armourer

'Loyalty Never Dies!'

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Post by DAK82 »

thanks will look at adding some elastic for you thumb/fingers to stretch and will have a look at the legs as i have elastic on them may be able to take a little more out of the legs i know i can't take more out the arms or i just end up ripping the suit

the pike i stop working on it as like i was saying did not know this was a must have as the CRLs say its a optional extra was looking at getting a metal one and having that power coated it was from Endor armory on FB will try get a pic but will work on my old one for now

and be good to know how to app as GML and Detachment Leader are telling me 2 different thing

Sith Lord
TKID: 11409

Post by Sith Lord »

DAK82 wrote:so i heated you the shoulder bells to spread them out a bit what's help them sit closer at the mo i have a bit of velcro but would like to use a bit of elastic as well now i see someone clear with red elastic but was thinking of using black ?
Definitely black. Red only used on the shins

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

TK9115 wrote:I noticed that the topic for TFU guards says "now a cleared costume" but the links here to the CRL don't work still, and on the 501st site it still says they aren't clearable hence our GML not being able to clear.

Your undersuit is a little too baggy. As I said its probably a fitment issue. They shouldn't be skin tight but yours is a little too loose. Maybe add some stirrups or elastic for you thumb/fingers to stretch the material out more and stop it from riding during a troop? It will particularly on your legs as you tuck them in your boots and it will get pulled out as you walk.
Yep, still a work in progress. I posted in this thread, which the 'Webmaster' replied it should be greenlit soon. Still nothing

https://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtop ... =24&t=3095

hence why it needs to be recommended by the GML, then submitted to the Legion Boards under the SP Detachment section.

My undersuit was baggy too, so I sewed the arm, body and leg edges to make the overall suit slimmer. Also used the elastic stirrups on my legs to hold them down. They bunched up the very first dressing.

ImageUntitled by Ian Naden, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Ian Naden, on Flickr

DAK82

Post by DAK82 »

so got a bit of work done on the temporary pike tole i know if the metal one will be ok to troop with

DAK82

Post by DAK82 »

Sith Lord

Post by Sith Lord »

You're obviously aware your ag plate has popped out on a few shots. You should either attach it somehow, or make a longer one to prevent that happening.

DAK82

Post by DAK82 »

Sith Lord wrote:You're obviously aware your ag plate has popped out on a few shots. You should either attach it somehow, or make a longer one to prevent that happening.

yep spotted after i got out of kit i not popped the studs in fully on kit up so there come off

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Also if you shift up the shins to the boot shaft that will make walking in them easier.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Allan1313
TKID: 97491

Post by Allan1313 »

I have 2 nylon straps that connect my chest to the ab plate so it doesn't move, that would prevent it from popping out.
Red TFU Guard
Empire City Garrison