Royal Guard from The Force Unleashed

As seen in the video game "The Force Unleashed". Now an approved costume!

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Re: Royal Guard from The Force Unleashed

Post by DAK82 »

Allan1313 wrote:I have 2 nylon straps that connect my chest to the ab plate so it doesn't move, that would prevent it from popping out.
i do as well i just not put the press studs in full so there pop off

Batsk
TKID: 11150

Post by Batsk »

I always tell TFU guards to apply either velcro or snaps (hidden of course) to the bottom of their ab plate/ inside of their belt so that the belt and ab plate stay together. That prevents them from coming apart and looking terrible in photos. Unfortunately once we are in kit it is almost impossible to tell if your ab plate is crooked or not unless someone lets you know. It's just easier to have a fixed fastening system in place so that you can quickly and easily get into costume. Be aware that the ab plate should not ride above the belt nor should it extend below the belt. Hope that helps.

:shadow:

DAK82
TKID: 26656

Post by DAK82 »

Batsk wrote:I always tell TFU guards to apply either velcro or snaps (hidden of course) to the bottom of their ab plate/ inside of their belt so that the belt and ab plate stay together. That prevents them from coming apart and looking terrible in photos. Unfortunately once we are in kit it is almost impossible to tell if your ab plate is crooked or not unless someone lets you know. It's just easier to have a fixed fastening system in place so that you can quickly and easily get into costume. Be aware that the ab plate should not ride above the belt nor should it extend below the belt. Hope that helps.

:shadow:
have a bit of velcro in the middle of the ab to belt but may put a bit at the sides as well to help

just been told its passed and just need to do the last bit of form fill to get it registered

scrocks

Post by scrocks »

I am slowly putting together my own Shadow Guard outfit. My look will be just with the cloak/robe, gloves, helmet, saberpike. No body armor (would not be seen under cloak/robe anyway). Found a source for a metal helmet with padded interior. Have saberpike hilt done. Biggest issue trying to figure is figuring out best way to make and fit a lighted blade. The closed end 1" OD tube is not an easy find. Then how best to light it. Suggestions? I do not see details on other posts.

scrocks

Post by scrocks »

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Post by Gree23 »

scrocks wrote: ↑Sun May 14, 2023 1:29 am I am slowly putting together my own Shadow Guard outfit. My look will be just with the cloak/robe, gloves, helmet, saberpike. No body armor (would not be seen under cloak/robe anyway). Found a source for a metal helmet with padded interior. Have saberpike hilt done. Biggest issue trying to figure is figuring out best way to make and fit a lighted blade. The closed end 1" OD tube is not an easy find. Then how best to light it. Suggestions? I do not see details on other posts.
Pretty sure the armor is required for approval. The Robe is not. So you would not be able to get approved without the armor.

scrocks

Post by scrocks »

Well, taken nearly a year to get reply to THIS post. Unless actively fighting, armor would not be seen. Don't have the means to make the armor pieces. Accurate helmet was tough enough to get.

Gree23
TKID: 21523

Post by Gree23 »

Totally understandable. Unfortunately without the armor you wont get approved

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk