Kanos Boots

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

TkTachyon

Kanos Boots

Post by TkTachyon »

Hey guys,

For those Kanos guards out there, I was wondering, what do you use for the boots, are they custom made, or a secret supplier? If someone could put me in the right direction for them, that would be fantastic!

Cheers,
Tach

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Kanos Boots

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Knee high boots with conservative heel made of Leather or Pleather.

Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

TkTachyon

Post by TkTachyon »

Yep yep, sorry probably should have asked, anyone know where to get them, or where/who can make them?

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

I'm not familiar with any suppliers myself. However, I have heard of guards making their own by just making, in essence, a very tall boot cover. This would be worn over a normal red boot.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but would this still be acceptable?

It's been a couple years since we've had any CE guards come through these boards. I know we haven't had any since the CRL was published.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

TkTachyon

Post by TkTachyon »

Ah true ,that would explain why I'm finding it difficult to come across someone with the information. I've been having a chat to a custom boot maker and he's going to look into it for me, I'm yet to get his thoughts on seamless though. Seems most of the reference pics there aren't any seams between the ankle and foot not sure how well this would translate into a real shoe though. The CRL is a bit hazy here, would the stitch between the ankle and foot be considered ornamental? I need to know because I don't want to spend a tonne of money and get knocked back because the boots are wrong.

Around the ankle, does anyone else think that's just creasing in the artist's leather, or the end of a boot cover?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Thats just a boot crease. Ornate detailing would be buckles and bows, not so much on the stitching.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

This is a boot with ornamental stiching:

This one does not have ornamental stiching (though it does have the strap up the side which I guess is ornamental):

The issue with making a costume based upon a comic is that comic artists don't concern themselves with the physics of clothing. You want a thigh length red boot you draw it that way. Oh sure...the only way it could truely be seemless might be to cast it out of a single piece of plastic meaning you can't walk it in, but who cares, it looks good. I'd think a thigh length boot with a seem at the ankle and along the back or side (as hidden as possible) would be okay, but I'm not the final word.

TkTachyon

Post by TkTachyon »

Yeah, I'm scratch building another comic armour so I know exactly what you mean by the artists don't take into account the physical workings of the clothing. The boot maker I'm talking to atm reckons he can make them out of a single piece of leather though, so if it can be done I'll do it that way, although I am interested to see it done. In order to put them on, a zipper up the back seems to be the only way. Would be pretty difficult putting them on if there wasn't an opening somewhere on them. Might tell him to go with a subtle seam across the ankle, but I really have no idea when it comes to boot making.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

You're looking for something like these:

Make those without the spike heel and hide the zipper better and I'd think you'd be faily good (maybe make them not so skin tight above the knee.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

JesterTDA wrote:You're looking for something like these:

Make those without the spike heel and hide the zipper better and I'd think you'd be faily good (maybe make them not so skin tight above the knee.
All depends on the look you're going for.... you could always pair that with a corset and some lace gloves.... but of course that wouldn't exactly be to 501st standards :trsuit: :P :P