Attaching armour

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

Kram Yelrek

Attaching armour

Post by Kram Yelrek »

Greetings all

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on creating a harness to attach my armour plates and shoulder bells to? The shoulders are fibreglass and the rest is made from rubber matting, but I can't think of a way to actually wear it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Kram

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Attaching armour

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I'll shoot off the question to a few armor buddies of mine and get back with ya on it. I need to show him the pep files for it anyways.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Kram Yelrek

Post by Kram Yelrek »

Thanks a lot, still be interested in seeing your armour designs when you've finished, mine is definitely going to be MkI

Kram

Commander George

Post by Commander George »

My approach was somewhat rudimentary but I think it worked fine:

I devised a harness out of very thick straps used for furniture upholstery; then I attached the shoulders, back and breastplate with industrial-strength Krazy Glue and two-part epoxy.

The front and back vertical straps have loops for the belt, so the whole thing is held in place by the weight of the belt pouches and the holstered blaster.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
Torso 1.jpg
Torso 1.jpg (71.11 KiB) Viewed 11726 times
Torso 2.jpg
Torso 2.jpg (68.71 KiB) Viewed 11726 times
Torso 3.jpg
Torso 3.jpg (129.73 KiB) Viewed 11725 times
Commander George
Mexican Garrison

:jax:
"As you said, Kanos... pick up your weapon and FIGHT!"

Galactic Chaos

Post by Galactic Chaos »

Nice straps and I like how wide they are. It looks like a comfortable harness but I want to see the breastplate. Let's see a front view of the whole thing. Nicely done though.

Marshall
TR 1152