3D models/Pepakura???

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

TkTachyon

3D models/Pepakura???

Post by TkTachyon »

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone might have a copy of a 3d model or pepakura files for a 501st approvable Guard Helmet? :tr2: I'm thinking I might give building one in 250gsm cardboard then resin fiberglass it as they do on the 405th Halo group. Only trouble is, I'm not skilled enough to produce a model of the helmet that would be approvable :? . Also, if anyone has the files for the rest of the CE guard, I'd be greatly appreciative if you might like to coach me in making my own or sharing with me.

Gotta love a 100% DIY costume that looks good.

Cheers,
Tachyon

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: 3D models/Pepakura???

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I've gotten my Pepakura model of the CE guard done. I need to still unfold one part of my bracers. But since the bracers are the same all the way around you could take the one pieces and duplicated. Andrew is just about finished with the Kir Kanos Alternative bracer.
So what I have can be used for a Standard CE or the Carnor Jax. I'm in the process of finishing one other guard related costume before a con in the first of march. I haven't folded the model of the CE Guard but let me know The files are set at 1.00 scale. Depending on how detailed you want the model depends on which templates I send ya.

As far as the helmet Skip made that one. You just need to add a few things to the helmet. He is reasonable on the inquiry. Hit him up and let him know. I don't do a helmet in Pepakura just to not step on anothers feet. If its not broke don't fix it.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

TkTachyon

Post by TkTachyon »

Yeah nah, fair enough. I've only just discovered pepakura, so my skills are at 0. Lots of practise required. Just my location being in Australia, I figured that it might be cheaper to build the stuff myself than pay the shipping costs which can be massive. I don't want to tread on anyone's toes either.

As for the CE armor templates, I'm going to try building a dish first to get the fiberglassing practice, but again, need a model for the hemisphere. Figured it would be easy to do, but was gravely mistaken. Will be hitting up some tutes. Wouldn't mind getting a copy if you're offering, but no rush if you wanted to finish the braces. I'm just going for a stock standard CE Guard, even though the CRL is for Kir Kanos, I'm not a big fan of dressing up as a face character. And the more detail the better so what ever you're offering.

Thanks for the help, PM me if you're still interested in letting me use your models.

Kram Yelrek

Post by Kram Yelrek »

Hi

I built a helmet from Skips pepakura design and it hasn't come out too bad. It was a lot of work and it's not quite up to standard, (although thats down to my lack of experiance rather than Skips excellent work), but MkII will be better now that I have more idea what I'm doing.

Once I have chance, (and found the lead for my camera), I'll get some pics up

Kram