Prospective Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

demorkodiko

Prospective Kir Kanos

Post by demorkodiko »

So I have been lurking the forums for a couple of months and have finally decided to start buckling done on this.

Im looking to build the Kanos character and I think I have an idea of how to do this, but I do have a few questions on what to do.

Helmet- would it be acceptable to 3D print one? I have a couple of helmets that I could use to print and would like to know if I can do it. I have a larger head with a fairly sizeable nose that gets in the way of most buckets I put on, making them fairly uncomfortable. In talking to my local garrison, it was suggested that I try on a Rubies before buying, but I don't think that there are any guards there so that may be a bust.

Soft Parts- I have an idea on how to do the body suit and gloves, the hard part will be the boots. Where does everyone get them or how do they manufacture them to be what they need?

Armor- I talked to the guys at KB props and they said they have the molds to vacform them, but in the same line as the helmet, can I 3D print them? I know the files I have need more detail but I think that it should be fairly simple to do once they are printed. The gauntlets/vambraces are the only thing that I do not have 3d files for, so what are the options for those.

This is the reference photo i was planning on using

and this is the 3d model that i have

as for the weapons, i am currently refining the glaive im my software. My question for this is, what are the proper dimensions? Im 6 ft so i know from the CRLs that it needs to be at least 7 ft long, but i am curious about the diameter if the hilt and the size of the pommels.

Any and all help is appreciated and i will update when i have more questions

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Prospective Kir Kanos

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

As a Jax and many will say this is prob my "baby" in the detachment. I did all mine out of sintra templates. Mine was done before 3dmodeling was mainstream.

Im familiar with the 3d file seen as there is a pep file that was taken from many years ago.

I used 32 cups cut out as a base for the gauntlets with dowels formed to fit the style.

Belt can be 1 of 2 different styles. The rule on this is the gauntlet combo needs to meet the specs with the style of belt.

Boot covers can be made to make the knee high boots.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

demorkodiko

Post by demorkodiko »

It qas actually suggested by my garrisin co to p
Make sintra temps and go from there. I work with Sinatra for my MMCC costumes and while I can make it work for them, I didnt feel that I could make a quality costume that gives the kir justice. While I also like the vacuum formed armor, I have in the past really screwed up in the trimming phase so I was looking at printing for that reason.

I was actually looking for the these pep files for several months before I came across the armor being mislabeled on thingiverse. I contacted the modeler and asked if he still had the pep files and he found them. He has a version on thingiverse and I remeshed these myself(I know they arent tge best but they ill be cleaned up post production). I just wanted to make sure I could use them for the build before I went through with it

I know there were guantlet pep files that went along with this several years ago, but I am still having a hard time locating those as well.

demorkodiko

Post by demorkodiko »

So here's a question. Where is the best place to get the armor from? My printer is being very temperamental and at this point im just wasting filament.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I made mine all out of sintra templates and a two part container for the chest. Belt was made of wood and shoulders I used Easter Eggs
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard