My Kir Kanos Build

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

Mynock
TKID: 81176

Re: My Kir Kanos Build

Post by Mynock »

Hey mate that is looking awesome. Have you thought of a non metal blade as well to use at events ?
Southern Cross Garrison - Black Tower Squad

Pacific Outpost - Garrison Event Coordinator 2018/19
ID  - Imperial Officer: Staff Officer, (Black) - Lvl 2 / Warrant Officer (ROTJ) - Lvl 2
TR - Royal Guard: ROTJ
TI - Tie Pilot: Reserve Pilot
IC - Imperial Crew: Bridge Crew

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

I had to take a break for a couple months, but I am back at it. Currently I am sanding the helmet down to add the Kanos mohawk and clean up the eye area then paint to match my armor color, and also working on the blaster. I have the fabric ready to go for the cloak, but wont get to that for a few weeks.

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

Back after a long break. Working on the blaster pistol, helmet and belt pouches this week. The images of the belt pouches/buckle are just mockups to look at sizing. Click on the images to view larger.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Looking good on those. For Reference I used a 2 inch belt for mine being non textured. Also depending on which pannel there is another box/pouch with two cylinders. I used all those with my Jax.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

For some reason, it doesn't look like I ever posted my force glaive I did several months ago. I have also posted some of the reference pictures I used. Everything is built from scratch. The shaft is wrapped in hand tooled leather and the blades are aluminum. Two things I took into account. 1. Some of the costumes I have seen over the years have black wrapped shafts. If you look closely in the comics, it is usually dark brown shafts that's highly shaded, sometimes to the point of looking black. 2. The blades are supposed to retract into the shaft. That means the shaft has to be of sufficient diameter to house the blades. I.E. bigger than the blades themselves. Sometimes the comic cheats the images.

Let me know what you think. Click on individual pictures to view larger ones.

Image Image

Image Image

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I like it very nice detailing on the inner piece. That is something I'd update on mine for a more finished look. My blades on my first one where that short. I went back and made them longer to that they would give a more intimidating look. Its more a preference for me but It wouldn't deter your approval. Physics in Star Wars if definitely not one that you can use logically.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

Working on the chest armor templates. Still getting the proportions down and deciding on how many abdomen plates fit my fat belly..=)

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Its a start with the abplates. On those don't limit what you see in just the comic panels. measure the distance from chest bottom to belt sitting point and scale from there.

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

Yes, I think I can get another one or two in from the top of the belt buckle to the chest plates. I am going to wait until my belt is done so I have an accurate reference point. I think the CTRL says max 8 plates.

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

Bucket Update 1:

Last year I bought the Ruby's Deluxe helmet because it was approved on the forums and seemed the best choice of the ones available. It ended up being a "Monet." It looks good from a few feet away, but up close the details are not that good. The biggest issue I have is the bands that run up the side and around the back of the head. They are not very distinct and are of various thicknesses instead of being consistent. To make the mohawk look right, the bands need to be better than the factory in my opinion. Plus I needed to color match the paint color to the rest of my armor so the factory paint job had to go. It was pretty crappy to start with. I accidentally touched the helmet to one of my walls and the red rubbed off.

Step 1: Spend $350 on a bucket that will be heavily modified.
Step 2: Sand the paint and primer off to the resin.
Step 3: Coming later this week!