My Kir Kanos Build

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

Krugor

Re: My Kir Kanos Build

Post by Krugor »

Boots Update 1:

The CTRL states the tops of the boots need to be higher than the knee and lower than the groin coming to a point at the top. The trick was finding a pair of thigh high leather boots in a men's shoe size. I eventually settled on a pair of essentially drag queen boots. Unfortunately they only came in black.

Step 1: Cut, shape and glue the top of the boots to mimic the references and CTRL.
Step 2: Deglaze the leather on the boots to remove top coat and finish.
Step 3: Apply two coats of Angelus white leather paint to prime the leather from the original black color.
Step 4: Coming soon!

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Keep me posted on the paint used. I did some painting on some boots with some and had cracking issues. great work so far.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

I did a bunch of testing over the past few weeks, and I am going to stick to actual leather paint/dye. Like you said, most paint will crack as the leather flexes over time. The paint I have been testing is from a leather company made for leather and seems to work very well. I will be using the same stuff on the gloves.

demorkodiko

Post by demorkodiko »

Krugor wrote:Bucket Update 1:

Last year I bought the Ruby's Deluxe helmet because it was approved on the forums and seemed the best choice of the ones available. It ended up being a "Monet." It looks good from a few feet away, but up close the details are not that good. The biggest issue I have is the bands that run up the side and around the back of the head. They are not very distinct and are of various thicknesses instead of being consistent. To make the mohawk look right, the bands need to be better than the factory in my opinion. Plus I needed to color match the paint color to the rest of my armor so the factory paint job had to go. It was pretty crappy to start with. I accidentally touched the helmet to one of my walls and the red rubbed off.

Step 1: Spend $350 on a bucket that will be heavily modified.
Step 2: Sand the paint and primer off to the resin.
Step 3: Coming later this week!

I just got my bucket in and i have the same issues that you are describing. Ive seen a lot of dimples and spots where the paint already came off. I am most likely gonna sand mine down and fix it up. Love your progress so far

Krugor

Post by Krugor »

demorkodiko wrote:
I just got my bucket in and i have the same issues that you are describing. Ive seen a lot of dimples and spots where the paint already came off. I am most likely gonna sand mine down and fix it up. Love your progress so far
Thanks. I should be able to post some updated photos next week on my bucket work to show what I did with each area. I am currently working on getting my belt pouches/holster prototypes into a CAD file so I can print the final version this weekend, then back to the bucket.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Krugor wrote:
demorkodiko wrote:
Thanks. I should be able to post some updated photos next week on my bucket work to show what I did with each area. I am currently working on getting my belt pouches/holster prototypes into a CAD file so I can print the final version this weekend, then back to the bucket.
Oh I may have something in reference to CE2 you might find interesting. Was debating away to implement into one of the pouches.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

I wish you all the best on this challenging build. It looks great so far. Once it’s finished it will be an awesome looking costume. Keep us posted with photo updates
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania