Quick Bucket Question

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

Krugor

Quick Bucket Question

Post by Krugor »

Hello everyone,

I have spent some time reading through the forums here and as far as I can tell, the Rubies Adult Supreme Edition Imperial Guard helmet is an approved bucket. The visor needs adjustment to the tint, but as far I as I can find, the form and color are good to go for approval.

I will be starting a Kir Kanos build next week and the helmet is the only piece I don't plan on fabricating from scratch. I used to do some special effects makeup and am familiar with sculpting and mold making, but it would take me a considerable amount of time to fabricate the bucket from scratch.

I don't want to spend the money on the helmet if it isn't approved for this build.

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

Don

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Quick Bucket Question

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

Coming from a slightly uneducated perspective on these, the DP helmet has a reputation for warping under extreme weather conditions.

Krugor

Re: Quick Bucket Question

Post by Krugor »

I think thats a risk you take with any plastic helmet. Not only that, they get pretty brittle in colder conditions. I think that is why some reinforce it by putting a layer of fiberglass on the interior to give it some more strength.