Projects Carnor Jax y Kir Kanos at the same time

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

Traumtrooper
TKID: 19811

Projects Carnor Jax y Kir Kanos at the same time

Post by Traumtrooper »

Hi guys,

My friend Oki and I will get involved in this adventure of costuming of both characters, Kir and Carnor.
We are from Spain and there is nobody there with this costumes in our Garrison, so we know that it´s not going to be easy.

We will probably get on with it on September, but until then we will gather all the information and solve our doubts.

Here are the first doubts:

1.-Could we make the armor (except the helmet) of good leather?
2.-Are valid the helmets of the shadow or royal guards? If not, is for the shape? is because the lack of the Mohawk detail?

Here we go!!! And thanks for your help in advance

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Projects Carnor Jax y Kir Kanos at the same time

Post by stripes »

Traumtrooper wrote:Hi guys,

My friend Oki and I will get involved in this adventure of costuming of both characters, Kir and Carnor.
We are from Spain and there is nobody there with this costumes in our Garrison, so we know that it´s not going to be easy.

We will probably get on with it on September, but until then we will gather all the information and solve our doubts.

Here are the first doubts:

1.-Could we make the armor (except the helmet) of good leather?
2.-Are valid the helmets of the shadow or royal guards? If not, is for the shape? is because the lack of the Mohawk detail?

Here we go!!! And thanks for your help in advance
To answer your questions:

1. No Leather will not work
2. No the regular helmets are not sufficient. They require modifications to meet the characters depictions.

Oki
TKID: 0

Post by Oki »

Hi,

Thanks Traum for the introduction.
It is a pleasure to join my mate on this adventure creating these two wonderful characters. Although there is not lot of information about my Kir Karnos character, I have been investigating it based on pictures and colleagues with built armors. As result I would have too many doubts about how to proceed and the best way to begin on this project but what we have clear is we will try to compile all information before moving ahead in wrong directions.

Thus I would like to ask you about some first topics:
Armor: I could see we can´t create armor in leather, so I would like to ask you if it could be either in fiber or plastic and if you can provide information about the nicer builder/s you consider for these two armor bodies (chest, abd, back, shoulder, vambraces...). Based on reviewed pictures I can see built armor chests are usually too narrow but in pictures are widther (ending in shoulders). Thus our objective would be to try to build something similar.
Chest - Back armor strap - How may they be conected?
Outer - What raw material is the best for creating outerin black and red? Is Jax wearing black only outer?
Belt - I could see belt pictures in grey and red (for Kir) and may have pouches and holster in the armor color (red or back for Kir or Carnor). Right? Could the belt and pouches be created in leather?
Boots - Do you have any reference about the most canon boots you consider for both characters? It is not easy to find nice red and black over knee boots. I saw pictures about plates in front boot. Would they be valid?
Helmet - I saw both character require of some modification over the usual royal helmet (mohican on top, modification in the eyes line...). Can we contact somebody already building required helmets for both characters? Is the usual royal guard helmet enough for Kir?

And at the moment that is all. Thanks so much for your time and we will inform about all progresses on this project.

Regards
Oki

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Oki wrote: Armor: I could see we can´t create armor in leather, so I would like to ask you if it could be either in fiber or plastic and if you can provide information about the nicer builder/s you consider for these two armor bodies (chest, abd, back, shoulder, vambraces...). Based on reviewed pictures I can see built armor chests are usually too narrow but in pictures are widther (ending in shoulders). Thus our objective would be to try to build something similar.
Either Fiber or plastic will work. It depends on how comfortable you are working with the materials. As there aren't really any kits out there for these costumes, each piece will need to be hand made.
Oki wrote:Chest - Back armor strap - How may they be conected?
There will be a strapping system to wear the armour that you will need as well as the standard shoulder straps.
Oki wrote:Outer - What raw material is the best for creating outerin black and red? Is Jax wearing black only outer?
Are you referring to the cloak or the body suit?

The cloak is the same as any other royal guard where it needs to be velvet/velveteen. The body suit needs to be form fitting such as a dive suit or spandex/lycra body suit.
Oki wrote:Belt - I could see belt pictures in grey and red (for Kir) and may have pouches and holster in the armor color (red or back for Kir or Carnor). Right? Could the belt and pouches be created in leather?
There are at least 2 variations of each character so you will need to pick one specific variation and match all of your components to that version. (CE1 vs CE2)
Oki wrote:Boots - Do you have any reference about the most canon boots you consider for both characters? It is not easy to find nice red and black over knee boots. I saw pictures about plates in front boot. Would they be valid?
The boots will need to be custom made to match the visual references of the characters.
Oki wrote:Helmet - I saw both character require of some modification over the usual royal helmet (mohican on top, modification in the eyes line...). Can we contact somebody already building required helmets for both characters? Is the usual royal guard helmet enough for Kir?
No one makes kits for these so they will need to be fully modified by hand

Oki

Post by Oki »

Thanks for your quick reply!
Well, we have not skills on designing plastics or fiber pieces unfortunately that is why we would need to contact somebody who could build the pieces for us.
On the other hand, we are both centurion stormtroopers, thus we are very familiar with addapting pre-designed pieces or performing modifications for better fit.
Based on your experience, do you know about somebody who could help us on that?

Regards

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Oki wrote:Thanks for your quick reply!
Well, we have not skills on designing plastics or fiber pieces unfortunately that is why we would need to contact somebody who could build the pieces for us.
On the other hand, we are both centurion stormtroopers, thus we are very familiar with addapting pre-designed pieces or performing modifications for better fit.
Based on your experience, do you know about somebody who could help us on that?

Regards
As stated before:
As there aren't really any kits out there for these costumes, each piece will need to be hand made.
There is no one making this kit or parts of this kit. It is a full fabrication custom build.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Time for me to dig up the wip projects from my Crimson Empire Costume.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Oki

Post by Oki »

A big pleasure to get you here involved Stephen.
We are now reviewing all comics in order to decide about parts with different possibilities.
We will come back to you as soon as started our first steps building these two armor. We want to be sure about moving ahead in right direction and enjoy the armors with our 501st mates.

Best regards,

Oki

Post by Oki »

Good afternoon,

Just a quick question. I am going to focus on the design of the Kir Kanos's CE1 armor. Based on comics I see belt is usually grey as left vambrace. Is there any suggestion about the color I may use in belt? must it be silver or may it be more dark grey?

Thanks and best regards,
Jose

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I would of for a more Metallic vs silver.Image
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard