Question of Kir Kanos CRL

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

MothMonty

Question of Kir Kanos CRL

Post by MothMonty »

I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything but revisiting my Kir Kanos project I starting thinking about the CRL based on my reference pics and the CE comics and was wondering a few.
Firstly is the Grey/silver vam bracer. Kir Kanos is frequently depicted with having two red bracers as he is with the silver one as well.
pics: (sorry about the size)

I was going to ask about the blaster/holster but I'll do some more research first.

MothMonty

Re: Question of Kir Kanos CRL

Post by MothMonty »

I also want to know how he can turn his head :P

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

If I recall he picks up the Grey greeblie bracer in CE 2 as far as the turning the head. I would call that artist interpretation. I would say this helmets would be fixed.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

MothMonty

Post by MothMonty »

so does that mean he can have the two red bracers then?

Gee2

Post by Gee2 »

The images you selected only show the use of red vambraces (mostly Doorman work), however, in the first image of KK wearing the full costume in CE1 the left vambrace is grey/metallic as are subsequent images 5-8. Then again after the capture of Mirith while taking out the shadow troopers it is the grey/metallic through every panel. And then again it is grey through the duel with Jax and through the end of the book.
Now CE2 is another story, most of the detailing required on the left vambrace is there to match the CE1 art; however it remains red except for two panels that are near the end.
Last edited by Gee2 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TR/BH/SL-4073

Commander George

Post by Commander George »

I would stick with a left "standard" vambrace (red w/raised ridges) and a right "greeblie" one (grey with circuitry and doodads). This really makes the costume stand out and differentiates it from the Carnor Jax vambraces (two "standard").

As for turning the head, I agree with the others; it can't be done except in comics. :trsuit:

Cheers!
Commander George
Mexican Garrison

:jax:
"As you said, Kanos... pick up your weapon and FIGHT!"

Gee2

Post by Gee2 »

I would stick with a left "standard" vambrace (red w/raised ridges) and a right "greeblie" one (grey with circuitry and doodads).
Don't you mean right "standard" and left "greeblie"... ;)
TR/BH/SL-4073

Commander George

Post by Commander George »

Gee2 wrote:
I would stick with a left "standard" vambrace (red w/raised ridges) and a right "greeblie" one (grey with circuitry and doodads).
Don't you mean right "standard" and left "greeblie"... ;)
Whoops; my mistake. You're absolutely right. :bang:

Commander George
Mexican Garrison

:jax:
"As you said, Kanos... pick up your weapon and FIGHT!"

MothMonty

Post by MothMonty »

Well better get the brain spinning on how to best built the silver do dad bracer, I agree that it does look cooler. Maybe if I get muscle like Kanos and Jax I could turn my head in the helmet :D
It's just kind of ironic that those who are designated as guards have limited ability to 'scan' the surroundings. Either way though, the RG is still one of the coolest helmets in the SW universe :trsuit:

Gee2

Post by Gee2 »

It's just kind of ironic that those who are designated as guards have limited ability to 'scan' the surroundings. Either way though, the RG is still one of the coolest helmets in the SW universe
Agreed, but that's what makes us, elite...
TR/BH/SL-4073