Frax Jax project

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

fraxster

Frax Jax project

Post by fraxster »

I thought that I should step away from my modus operandi, i.e. working silently on a costume and reveal it once it is finished.
Hence this thread.
Be aware of that the pictures shown are rough materials that will be worked on before they are final.

My wardrobe of costumes has grown a bit the last couple of years, but there is only one 501st approved costume in there. That, I will change ...
My choice of costume is not far from the one I already have, the RG. I´m going to be the treacherous, back-stabbing Carnor Jax.

Ok, now to the log:

I am going to use a couple of methods in this build, some that I am used of and some new.
For the soft parts I´ll use my old and faithful sewing machine. That should be the least tricky part.
One exception, the spandex suit. I have never sewn spandex before so that could be a hell.

For the helmet:
I have started a sculpt with a pepakura base. I´ll see how that turns out.

Chest armor:
I sculpted the pec-parts in clay, used "Alginat" to make a quick mold and used ordinary molding plaster to create a dummy. The dummy will be sanded and refined to make a positive mold to use with vacuum forming. (Haven´t got the machine for that part yet, but it´s coming.)

The belt:
I used a model foam sheet, bought from Bauhaus, to form a belt. It should be rigid and have the look and feel of the hero from Crimson Empire.
To form it, I put it in the owen for a couple of minutes and then bend it around my waist. It flexes a bit, so it will be easy to put on. I´ll attach some webbing and a buckle in the back.

Gauntlets:
I use the same material as for the belt.
This is experimental, will see if I get it to work.

For the buckle, I used the same method as for the chest piece. Clay, Alginat and plaster. The final result will also be a vacuum formed piece.

The pockets and pieces attached to the belt varies from picture to picture, but I´ll go for two flap-pockets and four "ammo cartridges".
Same method as chest and buckle.

A job well done is the best pillow.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Re: Frax Jax project

Post by JesterTDA »

Very cool...interested in seeing the results.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

This will show that there are two theme's to one guard. I too am working on a Carnor Jax
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

raven6056
TKID: 6056

Post by raven6056 »

Cooool Beans!

great work so far...

I love the nuts and bolts build threads... so many cunning plans afoot (if it were a Kanos these of course would be known instead as "noble endeavors").