Irish Kir Kanos build

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

Brightwater

Irish Kir Kanos build

Post by Brightwater »

hi guys, i've been on these boards for quite a while now and thought it was about time I got off my lazy butt and did something. I've already a couple of SW coatumes...Sev RC and Boba Fett but I've always like the Royal Guards...so after a but of juggling and selling my Rex costume, I've managed to bag myself a very nice royal guard...finally.
Now as I'm sure you guys know...one costume is never enough and after a good old chat with a few mates from the Emerald Garrison I've decided to have a crack at Kir kanos...I just LOVE the armour.
After a good old hunt around i did manage to find some armour but I wasnt happy with the size, shape nor the quality....so I talked it over with my friend and we decided to just go ahead and make our own....well when i say we i mean our very own, Lonewolf (from these very same boards) who just took the bull by the horns and went for it...heres were we are at the mo....please feel free to comment..help..point out etc etc
Oh and please remeber this is a work in progres and knowing use bits will change lol

This is the kind of thing we're were going for...well kind of anyway

Heres the chest bits

And heres them all cut out and modeled by the very glamourous lonewolf

Brightwater

Re: Irish Kir Kanos build

Post by Brightwater »

Heres the first go at the Ab bits

And another nice shot...again this was the first go at Vac forming it

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

Ok heres the shoulder bells....the double scallops are still there but I just LOVE what Lonewolf has done with the shape ...making them look much more organic...if you know what I mean

And heres a shot of the chest and re-done Ab bits

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

Heres a nice pic of his belt bits

And heres part of the gauntlet

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

OK..I know this is a bit of a photobomb but i apologise for not putting this buil up sooner...
Anyway heres the first pull in some very very nice shiney plastic..so we dont have to paint it lol

THis is what it looks like all cut out

As I've said this is a work in progress so pease bare with us...but lease any comments would be very appreaciated

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

With how good this is looking you might have a bunch of people asking you to pull kits for them... Nicely done!

bdgr
TKID: 4468

Post by bdgr »

Looking very good. Where did you get the red plastic and did you have to buy a ton of it due to the minimum order quanity from your supplier?
bdgr
TB/TS/TI/IC/IG/IS/CC/TR/TA/IN/TD 4468

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Not too shabby - Alot of this is just taking one of the refs in going with it. Shoulders not too bad. Where he go for the reference on the TK style. Well done on the greeblie gauntlet. I'm going to go with this Kinda based on the Dorman covers.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

what material did you use to make the bucks. Really nicely done. working on a Jax
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Marcus
TKID: 3977

Post by Marcus »

Wow..... I am with Stripes, you are going to get a lot of people asking for a set :)
Well done!