Irish Kir Kanos build

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Irish Kir Kanos build

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The only thing I might see needing trimming on the ab plate is the length depending on the height of the person.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

Hey guys sorry for not getting back to you sooner but as you'll see things have been wild busy over here with us trying to get this costume finished and ready for our Invasion Belfast show in Oct (check it out on Youtube to see what we do over here)
Anyway lets get to it

The boots are a cheap riding rubber boot sprayed with car felxable vynal red paint...the Spats-thingys were made by one of our girls in the club and are zipped on the back..I think they loo pretty damned excellent...they look even better on..photos of that ltr

Ok now for the belt...
As you know Lonewolf has been working his magic on this and even added a few more boxed (as seen in the graphic novel CE) and he's also made me my very own KK Thermal Det LOL...this also very ceverly covers the buckel at the back of the webbing...

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

Ok the armour next...heres a few photos of us mucking about just trying on the kit for the first time wiht the cloak and bucket....as I said this was just a first try an the kit was only set on me and still is a work in progress...

We weren't happy with the inital look of the size of the chest pieces so we made a bigger pair...

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

The glove were up next...not too hard. They were originally a pair of black summer biker gloves and all i did was spray them with the magic flexable vinyl car paint...

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

Last for tonight is the glave...now we based on the very excellent plans by the genius Darth Skellington...seriously mate your ideas are a God send...
The blades are made from wood to give strenght and allow me to duel with the rest of the guys...but the thing I'm most impressed by is how lonewolf "binded" the handle part...he does a fair bit of martial arts and owns a few serious swords..so he knows wha he's doing..anyway here we go..hope you guys like

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

The only thing I would say is Carnor Jax has red Gloves and Kir Kanos has Black Gloves

I look basically the Same type of gloves and cut out some of the extra stitching. They do Come in black also. and you would just need to paint the armor red

Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Darth Skellington
TKID: 5932

Post by Darth Skellington »

Really nice work. I like your glaive a lot. :) I agree, that binding on the hilt looks fantastic. If I may ask, what kind of wood did you use and how sturdy is it? Is it likely to snap, or does it have some bend to it?

My plexi blades are prone to sagging when I hold them perpendicular to the floor, and have to potential to snap if someone applied weight to it like a walking stick, not realizing they give.
Warren Jacobsen - TR-5932
I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

stripes wrote:With how good this is looking you might have a bunch of people asking you to pull kits for them... Nicely done!
Quoted for truth!

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

Hey guys thanks for the comments there....I had a look at the CRLs for the gloves there but there red in the photo and I've noticed that they seem to change from red to black depending on who's been drawing them..what's the rest of you guys doing?
The wood for the glave is Ash...very strong and up for a good bit of dueling..time to kick some Jedi ass lol.
Had the first real try on with the boots and cape the other night and I'll get those photos up l8tr tomorrow when get a chance and yiue can give me some pointers.
Anyway again just glad it's going down well

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Artist consistency. Pick out one picture and pretty much use that as your guide. Which picture using for Kanos.