Breastplate

Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax, Sqall Training Uniforms, and other armored guards as seen in the Crimson Empire comics

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Breastplate

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

I like this. Its a great way to distribute the weight of the costume with it all being one sided on the weight. Backpate?
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Commander George

Post by Commander George »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I like this. Its a great way to distribute the weight of the costume with it all being one sided on the weight. Backpate?
I do have a backplate, but I haven't decided whether I'll attach it or not, based on how it will look with the cape on, and how hot/uncomfortable it may be... and, of course, how much time I have left before the big SW convention this weekend! :trsuit:
Attachments
Finished-Back.JPG
Finished-Back.JPG (86.1 KiB) Viewed 11722 times
Commander George
Mexican Garrison

:jax:
"As you said, Kanos... pick up your weapon and FIGHT!"

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Well done. For the con and comfortableness of the costume at the con I can under stand this.

From a CRL Stand point I would like to have pictures of this costume with robes on and then robes off front and back side. This will further help secure the standing on the costume standards for this costume.

Great Job.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Commander George

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:From a CRL Stand point I would like to have pictures of this costume with robes on and then robes off front and back side. This will further help secure the standing on the costume standards for this costume.
Roger that! I think I will be able to take proper submission pics until after the convention, but in the meantime here's an idea of how all soft & hard components work together.

I'm well aware that the cod piece is not canon, but it's easily detachable from the rest of the armour and I intend to wear it only at troopings and not for reference (this piece was actually a request from my wife, who is firmly against letting me troop in red tights and with the... erm... "family jewels" in plain sight). :o

Cheers!
Attachments
P1020023.JPG
P1020023.JPG (70.91 KiB) Viewed 11708 times
Commander George
Mexican Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

I think adding another Lobster piece to the chest would help lower it on your torso. IMO i think your belt sits too high on your hips. I also realize this is still work in progress. I think there are ways to get away from the codpiece armour. IMO i think wearing that actually causes people to notice what they wouldn't really notice.

Commander George

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I think adding another Lobster piece to the chest would help lower it on your torso. IMO i think your belt sits too high on your hips. I also realize this is still work in progress. I think there are ways to get away from the codpiece armour. IMO i think wearing that actually causes people to notice what they wouldn't really notice.
Noted. Thanks for the feedback!
Commander George
Mexican Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Not a problem Its the CE costume I will do in the future, so I'm giving feed back on how i would do mine.

Commander George

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:I think there are ways to get away from the codpiece armour. IMO i think wearing that actually causes people to notice what they wouldn't really notice.
Some input would be appreciated in that regard! I'm thinking of wearing a thicker bodysuit (kinda like a wetsuit for scuba diving) or maybe some sort of jockstrap underneath.
Commander George
Mexican Garrison

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

Dancer under garments will work in this case. Easy Fix.

Brightwater

Post by Brightwater »

AMAZING job you've done there Geroge but just one question...er...where did you get those boots from or how did you make them?
I'm 6' tall with UK size 11 feet and I'm finding it a bugger to find any footware to suit, can you please help??