Starting an ROTS Guard

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Snub999
TKID: 2086

Starting an ROTS Guard

Post by Snub999 »

Greetings!

I'm in the process of starting a Royal Guard and I'm definitely leaning towards ROTS as I like the red leather gloves and I can wear black leather boots (Size 13-14 US, depending on the cut.)

I've been in the Legion since 2006 and I've done all manner of costumes, seen CRL's change and get updated. I wanted to ask some questions about things I already have or suppliers I've already worked with.

So for boots, the CRL says that the black boots with a pointed toe, where as some people talk about using jack boots, which usually do not. Is there a prevailing middle ground? I can imagine that some people with wide feet may not be able to tolerate a pointed toe boot for long while trooping.

I have soviet jack boots that have been previously approved from my Navy Trooper/ANH TIE Pilot and if I can use those, that would be great. But they're a jack boot, not a pointed toe.

The other questions is about gloves. Navy Troopers and TIE Pilots wear gauntlet style gloves and I bought a leather mystics pair, simply because they look great and aren't that expensive. I noticed that leather mystics also makes the same gloves in red leather.

http://www.leathermystics.com/gauntlets/gauntlets.html (If you scroll down the page, you'll see them.)

Now while I don't own red gloves atm, I do like this supplier and was curious if their gloves would be approvable. From the description on the CRL, they seem to fit the bill and for $25, I can't lose. I've read about people being approved wearing them in the past, but I'm curious if anyone knows anything otherwise.

So far, I have a helmet in the mail and a force pike being made from a pool cue under construction. Thanks for reading!

Shadowbreed
TKID: 96652

Re: Starting an ROTS Guard

Post by Shadowbreed »

Those gloves are nearly the exact same as what I'm using.
As long as they are long enough and go over your inner sleeves you should be fine with them.

I am doing some poking on the discord for you with relation to the boots to double check.
TR-96652 - Shadowbreed

Snub999

Post by Snub999 »

I appreciate it. Obviously anything I have that can be double duty, I want to use. Finding those jack boots was a chore to begin with, Soviet soldiers typically have small feet.

I saw another thread where people took the leathermystics gloves and dyed them a darker red because they were too vibrant. Did you have to dye your gloves to make them approvable?

Shadowbreed
TKID: 96652

Post by Shadowbreed »

No, but mine are not leathermystics, just basically the same look and stitching etc.
TR-96652 - Shadowbreed

Snub999

Post by Snub999 »

I do have officer style boots that I have worn with my officer that's approved. Their toe is more "pointy" than a jackboot, but they go further up the calf than the jackboot does.