My ROTS Royal Guard

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Re: My ROTS Royal Guard

Post by OCD_Chad »

TheLorelei wrote:Looks great! I'm considering getting boots from crowprops - are you pleased with the quality/comfort level? Thanks!
Thanks. Yes, I wouldn't change anything on them.

Ralom
TKID: 31443

Post by Ralom »

This is all very impressive!! I just joined the 501st as a Cadet, so I'm new to the whole process. My plan is to create either a RoTJ or RoTS Royal Guard costume. Are there pros and cons to each? Also, I have zero experience with sewing, so what is the nest way to go about creating the robe and tunic? I see you mentioned having someone doing it for you. Are there members that do this kind of work?

As for the helmet, what did you start with to modify?

Thank you for any help you have to offer!

OCD_Chad

Post by OCD_Chad »

Ralom wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm This is all very impressive!! I just joined the 501st as a Cadet, so I'm new to the whole process. My plan is to create either a RoTJ or RoTS Royal Guard costume. Are there pros and cons to each? Also, I have zero experience with sewing, so what is the nest way to go about creating the robe and tunic? I see you mentioned having someone doing it for you. Are there members that do this kind of work?

As for the helmet, what did you start with to modify?

Thank you for any help you have to offer!
The RoTS robe has more openings in the robe so you get more ventilation and cooling. I bought my helmet and robes here: https://www.korbanth.com/

OCD_Chad

Post by OCD_Chad »

I got rid of my 3D printed pike. While I thought it was nice and light, the chrome paint was never hard enough even after months. I wrapped it in a towel, and it left indentions all over it.

Ralom

Post by Ralom »

Thank you for the advice!

Are those robes from that site one size fits all? I don’t see anywhere to select a size.

Ralom

Post by Ralom »

Sorry for all the questions, but are these the boots and gloves you got?

https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product ... s-in-suede

And out of curiosity, I see Imperial Boots has a guard set. What made you choose the vendor you went with over IB?

OCD_Chad

Post by OCD_Chad »

Ralom wrote: ↑Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 pm Thank you for the advice!

Are those robes from that site one size fits all? I don’t see anywhere to select a size.
No, Kelly Jo Boyd takes your measurements and makes them.

OCD_Chad

Post by OCD_Chad »

Ralom wrote: ↑Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:57 am Sorry for all the questions, but are these the boots and gloves you got?

https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product ... s-in-suede

And out of curiosity, I see Imperial Boots has a guard set. What made you choose the vendor you went with over IB?
yes on the boots, no on the gloves, but mine are the leather ones from the same shop

I wanted to do Revenge of the Sith and as far as I know Imperial Boots just makes the Return of the Jedi version.