Matching Reds for ROTS

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

CrimsonShadowViper
TKID: 97790

Matching Reds for ROTS

Post by CrimsonShadowViper »

Hey guys, just a quick question. I just submitted my photos for approval to my GML and I'm being informed that I may either need to dye my robes or repaint my bucket to get clearance. Is this a common request? becuase i really dont want to repaint my bucket and velvet is expensive to dye.
Sometimes getting burned by the fire is the only way to learn. The lessons become ingrained in our scars

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: Matching Reds for ROTS

Post by stripes »

CrimsonShadowViper wrote:Hey guys, just a quick question. I just submitted my photos for approval to my GML and I'm being informed that I may either need to dye my robes or repaint my bucket to get clearance. Is this a common request? becuase i really dont want to repaint my bucket and velvet is expensive to dye.
Depending on the difference in shades, it can be something that gets flagged. While they are different materials, they do need to match as closely as possible for approval. You don't see production images with helmets that are a deep cherry red and robes that are a flame red

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

CrimsonShadowViper wrote:Hey guys, just a quick question. I just submitted my photos for approval to my GML and I'm being informed that I may either need to dye my robes or repaint my bucket to get clearance. Is this a common request? becuase i really dont want to repaint my bucket and velvet is expensive to dye.
Yeah, one of the first pieces of advice I was given when researching my kit was to (if possible) wait until you at least have the velvet for your outer robes so you can colour match before painting your bucket. Its also the reason why I chose to buy a raw cast and have it painted here.

I'd recommend repainting the bucket if possible- it sucks but an auto body shop might be able to help you out with that. Its also better than re-dying a few yards of sewn velvet.

Good luck!

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

CrimsonShadowViper

Stripes please take a look at my photos and let me know what you thinkhttps://imgur.com/gallery/ZdaEA
Sometimes getting burned by the fire is the only way to learn. The lessons become ingrained in our scars

StarWarsTrekkie

Post by StarWarsTrekkie »

Looking good!! What is the helmet made of/ how did you make it?

CrimsonShadowViper

Trek, I did not make the helmet. I purchased it from an amazing seller who builds them. It’s actually dyed the color it is. Not painted.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

The different colours in a photo can also cause the textures to flux a bit. The brain can not work with reds and greens at the same time and it can skew the actual look. A solid back ground photo is best for solving this problem.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

CrimsonShadowViper

So Lucious in your opinion what type of background do you recommend using to take the photos? :tr:

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

CrimsonShadowViper wrote:So Lucious in your opinion what type of background do you recommend using to take the photos? :tr:
A solid white or black background would be best

CrimsonShadowViper

Stripes outside of my issue with the color of my bucket and robes,do you see any other issues with my sovereign protector?