My ROTS costume is complete, any thoughts.

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

sbrjr1961

My ROTS costume is complete, any thoughts.

Post by sbrjr1961 »

I completed my ROTS costume. Wishing for feedback or for admission https://flic.kr/p/YcYK9Q

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: My ROTS costume is complete, any thoughts.

Post by stripes »

Just on a cursory look... the outer cloak is lined in satin which is not approvable. Also, it is too long and would need to be hemmed so that the entire cloak is 1" off the ground and not dragging.

On a side note, pictures will show better if not taken in this lighting... the best lighting is with natural sunlight on a cloudy day or if super sunny as this day appears to have been, in the shade so as to prevent fabrics from generating highlights and lowlights on the fabrics that have been used. The pictures are also not as close up for detail as they ideally should be. You should be 85%+ of the photo, not less than 50% for a proper review.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

After a further look at this I have noted the following:

1. As per the CRL, the outer cloak must be hemmed to be 1" off the ground at all points around the base
2. This appears to be lined in a Satin. This will require a complete re-do as satin is not acceptable for approval.
3. The Obi/Sash appears to be much too large for the specified dimensions in the CRL. Please provide a photo with the Obi/Sash and a tape measure showing that it meets the 3-4" width with a 1" middle section.
4. The colour of the inner robes is questionable. The direct sunlight makes the robes appear to be a vibrant purple instead of a dark wine/burgundy colour. Please take pictures in natural light (not directly in the sun, but outdoors, no flash in the shade or on a cloudy day) to better ascertain the actual colour of the robes.
5. While red leather gloves are correct for this costume, these gloves appear to be cheap halloween costume superhero gloves from a halloween store and are not approvable.

sbrjr1961

Post by sbrjr1961 »

You know, that's exactly what I had when I made my last outer robes, same material as my inner robes only to be told, that wasn't acceptable. Here I am making another one, and am again told it's wrong. I'm thinking twice about this.

stripes
Former DL

Post by stripes »

Posting a full build thread would go a long way to helping you get an approvable costume...

Also, If I am not mistaken, the outer cloak is at a minimum from Cosplaysky, which is well known and documented to not be approvable in the CRL.