Making my Royal Guard

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Making my Royal Guard

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

This is a really good built in my opinion.
Thanks for the pictures.

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

One of the great things about your build is the way the reds match perfectly. The boots are beautiful and your inner robe and sash is no different than mine. Looks identical. Very nice looking Guard.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Sandico
TKID: 12774

Post by Sandico »

Thanks for all the kind words. I was told to change my visor. I stuck red cellophane over it as I can not find red tint. My problem is the creasing which is hardly noticeable.

Any advice? :)

rwbowri

Post by rwbowri »

the photos are great.
who made your helmet???

Sandico

Post by Sandico »

rwbowri wrote:the photos are great.
who made your helmet???
Thanks. Helmet is a Rubies. :)

rwbowri

Post by rwbowri »

where did you get the material for the outer robes and what is the fabric name?
I didn't see the labels on the samples.

Sandico

Post by Sandico »

rwbowri wrote:where did you get the material for the outer robes and what is the fabric name?
I didn't see the labels on the samples.
Got the velvet from an upholstery shop. It's Denise Red. I used gabardine as the lining.

rwbowri

Post by rwbowri »

thanks, I got my gabardine from online fabrics

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Sandico wrote:Thanks for all the kind words. I was told to change my visor. I stuck red cellophane over it as I can not find red tint. My problem is the creasing which is hardly noticeable.

Any advice? :)
If there are any car window tinting places around, you can check and see if they have tint. Most will have extra left over pieces from installing on windows. Some will sell for cheap, others will give it away, or they may take money for a donation to a charity of their choice and give it to you. I got the plastic for my visor (I made my own visor) and for a donation to a charity they chose, they gave me a couple pieces.

The car window tint has one side sticky to adhere it to the visor. There are lots of guides online about applying window tint, but as a quick blurb: Mix some water and a couple of drops of soap and spread it across the visor. Then carefully apply the tint. the water/soap combo will keep it from sticking to your visor right away. then use a credit card or another soft flat edge to gently squeegee the water out from between the visor and tint. This will allow the adhesive to grab on the visor and stick. Let it air dry for a couple of hours to allow the adhesive to properly adhere before doing anything that could cause the window tint to shift.

Sandico

Post by Sandico »

cooldevo wrote:
If there are any car window tinting places around, you can check and see if they have tint. Most will have extra left over pieces from installing on windows. Some will sell for cheap, others will give it away, or they may take money for a donation to a charity of their choice and give it to you. I got the plastic for my visor (I made my own visor) and for a donation to a charity they chose, they gave me a couple pieces.

The car window tint has one side sticky to adhere it to the visor. There are lots of guides online about applying window tint, but as a quick blurb: Mix some water and a couple of drops of soap and spread it across the visor. Then carefully apply the tint. the water/soap combo will keep it from sticking to your visor right away. then use a credit card or another soft flat edge to gently squeegee the water out from between the visor and tint. This will allow the adhesive to grab on the visor and stick. Let it air dry for a couple of hours to allow the adhesive to properly adhere before doing anything that could cause the window tint to shift.
Thanks. They don't sell red tint over here. I'll follow your advice. Bought PVC plastic, mirror tint and red cellophane. Will see how it comes out. :)