My ROTS Royal Guard Progress

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

SolTheBull
TKID: 11160

My ROTS Royal Guard Progress

Post by SolTheBull »

So, things have been moving faster than I expected. I dropped all of my fabric off to the seamstress today (actually had two interested in this project). I also switched out the insert on my Royal Guard Helmet for one that would meet the CRL :trsuit: . I also picked up the material for my Force Pike today. I guess now all I have to do is get a photo bucket account or something like that so I can share these pictures with you.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: My ROTS Royal Guard Progress

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Great news. Keep us updated.

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

So there is a guy that is selling the red visor insert for $18 plus $38 shipping on EBAY. I was able to find the material locally for about $3.00 a sheet and it looks amazing in place. Plus ordered the gloves today. The boots are proving a challenge for a size 12-13 in men.

Evan1701
TKID: 81989

Post by Evan1701 »

I have large feet as well, picked up the black jack boot option from Amazon. This was referenced by several other forum members in other threads.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A ... UTF8&psc=1

I'd be curious to see how you plan to do your visor. The only legit red mirrored one I know of is from Fenixprops, which may be the one you're referencing. I'd like to do it myself if possible.
Evan Schrantz
Garrison Tyranus- Serenno Squad
TR-81989- ROTJ Royal Guard
BH-81989- ESB Boba Fett
DS-81989- TFA Kylo Ren
TI-81989- FO TIE Pilot
ID-81989- Director Krennic/R1 ISB Officer

delabane

Post by delabane »

SolTheBull wrote:So there is a guy that is selling the red visor insert for $18 plus $38 shipping on EBAY. I was able to find the material locally for about $3.00 a sheet and it looks amazing in place. Plus ordered the gloves today. The boots are proving a challenge for a size 12-13 in men.
I have them boots, seem ok. Just be careful with the zip as that wil lbe the first thing to go!

May I ask where did you get gloves from?

Thanks

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

The reviews on those boots seem like a horror show. I have been all over these forums so I have looked at those a couple times. The fact that so many people have had the soles fall off so soon scares me. Maybe they had a run with bad adhesive. I am saving those as a last resort. Unless the issue has been corrected and I do not know it yet. The most recent reviews are the worst, that is what scares me.

I found the gloves on Amazon, they were posted by someone else on here with an ROTS set. Pretty much everything I am getting is just ideas from others on this forum.

delabane

Post by delabane »

I have some Pirate style boots of the same type. I have had them 11 years and they don’t have a zip but do require you to pull on the sole to take off. The sole has come unstuck a few times and I am going to replace them this year.

With these boots, I can see either the zip or sole failing but that’s what you get for the price. They will do for now, costumes evolve and things get replaced so I will eventually get a pair without a zip and made off 100% leather.

Have you tried - http://www.imperialboots.com/

So the gloves were used? I am getting a friend to make my robes so will see if he can do gloves as well.

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

delabane wrote:I have some Pirate style boots of the same type. I have had them 11 years and they don’t have a zip but do require you to pull on the sole to take off. The sole has come unstuck a few times and I am going to replace them this year.

With these boots, I can see either the zip or sole failing but that’s what you get for the price. They will do for now, costumes evolve and things get replaced so I will eventually get a pair without a zip and made off 100% leather.

Have you tried - http://www.imperialboots.com/

So the gloves were used? I am getting a friend to make my robes so will see if he can do gloves as well.
Imperial Boots has a message up saying that they are closed until the next wave.. Plus they do not have my size...

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

you can write ImpBoots and ask for your size. I believe they can make them.

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

What about....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021 ... 3LJGOHDDYB

Wait, it is the same damn boot! Just much better ideas...damn you internets!!!