My ROTS Royal Guard Progress

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: My ROTS Royal Guard Progress

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Those are your standard CAPTAIN 100 boots.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

delabane

Post by delabane »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Those are your standard CAPTAIN 100 boots.
I was looking at my pair last night and I think they “will do” until I find something better. I don’t know about you, but I am only going to wear them a few times a month at best.

If you are doing a Royal Guard, they will be more than half hidden by the cloak/robes. If you are doing the Shadow Guard, the shin armour will hide much of the detail even without a cloak.

Costumes evolve and you’re not forced to keep them forever.

SolTheBull
TKID: 11160

Post by SolTheBull »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Those are your standard CAPTAIN 100 boots.
Lucious, so I can assume that they should be acceptable?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

They are non detailed Black boots. They will be perfectly fine.
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

Thank you for the help. That means all I have to do is get the Seamstress to start crack'n on this robe! I have been going through Force Pike ideas/plans as well. I do not see anything that mentions a specific diameter, so I assume that as long as it looks right it is good, correct?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL

SolTheBull wrote:Thank you for the help. That means all I have to do is get the Seamstress to start crack'n on this robe! I have been going through Force Pike ideas/plans as well. I do not see anything that mentions a specific diameter, so I assume that as long as it looks right it is good, correct?
Rotj forcepike was based on a ski pole size. That will get you the basic measurement you are looking for.

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

Little bit of a set back. As I think I mentioned I decided to go with a friend that said she could seamstress this up, rather than an actual professional. (you know how friends can pressure you like that) So she had me come over and try it on yesterday and it did not fit....not even close. Thankfully it was just in the inner robe and thankfully she says it will be an easy fix. I cannot complain too much, I would not have been able to do it at all.

I am starting on the Force Pike construction today.

I have the boots, gloves, and helmet ready to go! Getting closer...

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

Well, it has been while since I updated, mainly because my seamstress took forever to finish. However, I submitted my pictures and application form earlier this week.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out on the board here. This board was a great help, not sure how I would have done it with out the help I received here.

Hopefully I will hear if I am approved soon.

Thanks!

SolTheBull

Post by SolTheBull »

After waiting a few weeks I finally got word that I was accepted last night. Have spent the morning registering on all the forums and calendars.

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

Congrats! :trsuit: