DarthVoltron's ROTS Guard WIP

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Revenge of the Sith

Bengirl37
TKID: 50284

Re: DarthVoltron's ROTS Guard WIP

Post by Bengirl37 »

Yay good job, now you can ask for 501st access on here. Put the link to the 501st forum so they can verify you are approved
Jennifer Stanage
TR-IC-TI-50284
Northern Darkness Garrison

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader
TKID: 63613

Post by Shikkakku »

Excellent, I never doubted! Big congrats! :D :D :trsuit:

TR-63613- Shikkakku
Paolo M Uy---- "Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus"

Sovereign Protectors PR- 2020-2021, 2023-2024
Sovereign Protectors DCA: Praetorian Guard- 2021-2024
Sovereign Protectors Detachment Leader: 2024-2025

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

congratulations!

For your info, on my kit, i used some cheap knee pads for gardening on my shoulders, with velcro on each side of them and on the robes. It gives some bulk to my stature, and I can rest my helmet on instead of directly on the shoulders or the top of my head.

DarthVoltron
TKID: 27330

Post by DarthVoltron »

ugcspawn wrote: ↑Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:36 pm congratulations!

For your info, on my kit, i used some cheap knee pads for gardening on my shoulders, with velcro on each side of them and on the robes. It gives some bulk to my stature, and I can rest my helmet on instead of directly on the shoulders or the top of my head.
Thanks for the tip. I've got somewhat narrow shoulders, so I'll give it a try.

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader

Post by Shikkakku »

ugcspawn wrote: ↑Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:36 pm congratulations!

This is what I've done as well, they take the pressure off my head and stops me from shrugging my shoulders up to keep the bucket elevated. Important since I have a rubies bucket that weighs a ton!

TR-63613- Shikkakku

iceknyght
TKID: 81175

Post by iceknyght »

I did something similar, but built kind of a shoulder pad system, using foam (the front and top), upholstery foam (the back) and women's shoulder pads (top, sides). I covered everything in duct tape to make it easier to slide on the outer robes. I also added a magnet to the front that is supposed to connect to a magnet I have in the helmet, but doesn't really work well through the thick materials, and really, I didn't end up needing it anyway...

Shikkakku
Detachment Leader

Post by Shikkakku »

iceknyght wrote: ↑Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:48 pm I did something similar, but built kind of a shoulder pad system, using foam (the front and top), upholstery foam (the back) and women's shoulder pads (top, sides). I covered everything in duct tape to make it easier to slide on the outer robes. I also added a magnet to the front that is supposed to connect to a magnet I have in the helmet, but doesn't really work well through the thick materials, and really, I didn't end up needing it anyway...

Does it make a seal around the bottom of your bucket such that you dont get any ventilation from the bottom? Ive heard that's a problem with that kind of setup.

TR-63613- Shikkakku

iceknyght
TKID: 81175

Post by iceknyght »

Shikkakku wrote: ↑Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:15 am Does it make a seal around the bottom of your bucket such that you dont get any ventilation from the bottom? Ive heard that's a problem with that kind of setup.
Yes, ventilation out the bottom is pretty much gone with this setup, but I have fans in the bucket itself and there is a slight separation on my visor so that there is some airflow there (between that and the fans). I have also seen some people use hoses that go from the bucket to underneath the the robes to get a little more airflow. I tend to try and not wear this costume in really hot weather anyway, but the fans I have do a pretty good job for all the times I have worn it.

Bengirl37
TKID: 50284

Post by Bengirl37 »

For ventilation I have a helmet fan and I got a cheap neck fan from Amazon, neck fan helps move air upward, the other fan circulates it. I do need to get some kind of shoulder pads to lift my helmet off my shoulders, my neck and collar bone always hurt after a troop.
Jennifer Stanage
TR-IC-TI-50284
Northern Darkness Garrison