Right fabric for outer robe lining

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Arminius
TKID: 71213

Right fabric for outer robe lining

Post by Arminius »

Hi,I was looking at some fabrics for my outer robe lining and inner robe and I found this one

https://www.laparisina.mx/sarga-paladin ... o-parisina

A detachment mentor told me that one is good for the lining and the inner robe. How much fabric do I need to buy for the lining only?

Also,could anyone send me the updated patterns for the outer robe?
Last edited by Arminius on Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my book,experience outranks everything."

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Re: Right twill for outer robe lining

Post by Crimson8 »

Hi. I like the look of the fabric for inner robe and lining. As you would know the CRL stipulates gaberdine or broadcloth. It's a light material that breathes well under the double velvet. The wine or Burgundy colour is appropriate.

It's been a while but i remember needing about 6 to _8 metres of fabric for inner lining. Same for outer robes also. The inner robe fabric was also used for the sash and the centre ribbon. It's all the same material.

Lastly the pattern I gave my seamstress for outer robe is the one online found here. I'll try and find it for you.

If you have a WIP thread it helps as you will receive more advice as you progress on your build.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

Ok found the thread buried on page 3.
Here's the pattern I showed my seamstress.
She somehow made sense of it and we got there after some failed attempts.

It's worth a look as it reveals how the robes fit together.

https://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtop ... =26&t=1977

Arminius

Post by Arminius »

I don't have a WIP thread yet,I didn't want to start one until I had the robes and the CRL is honestly a bit confusing.Not to mention that apparently it was changed and still has a few flaws (i.e. the boots shown aren't the ones specified in the description).
The patterns I have specify from 8-9 meters for the lining,I'll probably buy 9 as the fabric isn't too expensive and I might need some extra fabric. I have managed to get a few reference pics from some friends,any extra ones would help. I also found the patterns.These are all the visual references and patterns that I have.Anything else I'm missing? Are the patterns by J.C. Gardea right?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zc_qR ... iyuic21tQZ

Crimson8

Re: Right fabric for outer robe lining

Post by Crimson8 »

Yes those in the Google drive gallery you linked to are the patterns to use. Ok. My advice is once you get the inner robe complete show some photos of progress. Then get centre sash done.

The boots that are approved are the jack boots found on websites Imperial Boots or Soviet Boots for example. The option for red boots is there but it's far easier to get the black boots. AOTC guards can have red or black boots.

The gloves can also be bought online.

Arminius

Re: Right fabric for outer robe lining

Post by Arminius »

I already have the boots,they are jack boots that reach mid-knee.My plan was to get first the boots and then the pike so if I couldn't finish the guard or changed to another costume for some reason,I could sell the boots and pike more easily than the robes,or even keep the pike for my collection. A friend will give me his inner robe,but I'll have to adjust it to my measurements. The seamstress that was going to make my robes will make my gloves and sash,she made his already and she is a legionnaire too so she has experience with the robes,however she doesn't make the outer robe anymore so I'll have to look for another seamstress. I'll start a thread once I get the inner robe before I modify it