Leather boots care

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Arminius
TKID: 71213

Leather boots care

Post by Arminius »

Hi,I just bought my leather boots for my costume and I wanted to know how you guys keep them from getting dry and cracking.I usually take care of my leather shoes with some pumpkin soap to keep them hydrated and some black shoe wax to protect them.My boots already have some weathering from the exposure to the sun and dust.I was going to take them to a shoe maker for proper cleaning.How do you recommend to remove these stains? Also,I was going to buy the boots with a black rubber sole but they didn't have my size,so I bought them with a skin sole,might also get that part painted.What do you think,did I waste my 34 dollars or was it a good investment?

Note: My GML said they were ok even without painting the sole,but I wanted more thoughts on the matter.

I can't insert pics but here's a drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x-P9L ... v1nahLK5aY
"In my book,experience outranks everything."

Maxall
TKID: 71576

Re: Leather boots care

Post by Maxall »

If the sole of the boot bothers you, take them to a cobbler and have them resoled. I have had cowboy boots that I've re-soled 4 times now. Probably cheaper and better than painting the sole. YMMV.

As for boot care... If you can find a good country western or cowboy boot store near by they can hook you up. You'll want some saddle soap to clean the leather and keep it soft. Then grab a good cream polish. Don't use Kiwi. It's hard on good leather. Combat boots are not good leather. :)

Shadow Guard - (5 Protection Details)