General question about AOTC uniform

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Daniel Maretti
TKID: 29040

General question about AOTC uniform

Post by Daniel Maretti »

Hello ID-29040 here!, im looking to be making a AOTC guard, but i was wondering if there is a specific place someone would recommend going to for the inner and outer robes. I hope someone can help :)

Thank you in advance!

Arminius
TKID: 71213

Re: General question about AOTC uniform

Post by Arminius »

Hi,I am also working on an AOTC Guard,and the cloth that I'll be using on mine is a wine/burgundy twill fabric.This is the shop I'll be buying it from,but it is only from Mexico,you'll need about 15 meters of this cloth and the price per meter is about the same as 17 or 18 danish crowns.Good luck! :trsuit:

https://www.laparisina.mx/sarga-paladin-liso-rojo-vino/
"In my book,experience outranks everything."

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Hi from Australia. The website and shop I used primarily was Spotlight. The web address is here https://www.spotlightstores.com/by-the- ... 0070688001

This will show you the wine or burgundy broadcloth for the inner robe.
The outer robe was double velvet crimson from same store. It is a Brilliant red colour like fire engine red rather than darker red or maroon. You can use velveteen red but make sure you steer clear of Crushed velvet, panne or any stretchy velvet as it won’t be approved. The velvet can not be shiny or make marks when it’s touched. Very important to bear this in mind.
Good luck on your shopping and research.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

Here’s a source for the crimson velveteen for outer robe if you like to look.

https://www.fabric.com/buy/0416182/kauf ... en-scarlet

Daniel Maretti
TKID: 29040

Post by Daniel Maretti »

Awesome!, thank you very much for both replies! that helped a ton already!. Now i got another question that may sound strange, but ill try explain best i can. So there is obviously the patterns for the AOTC uniform on the forums, but me looking at it im beyond confused, but if i brought it to a tailor would it be obvious to them how it would be stitched?, hope thats not too confuseing. If any of you do have pictures or anything of your patterns for your AOTC guard id be very appreciative if youd want to share them with me, just to have some different reference points when it comes to patterns. Im rather tall so im trying to go into depth with my research before getting anything started. Thank you again!

Arminius

Post by Arminius »

As far as I know there are two patterns used depending on your height,there is one for people over 1.75m and one of less than 1.75m.A good tailor should know how to make it with the patterns you give him,but it is better to show him an example of the finished product. If you don't know someone from your garrison with experience making these types of costumes I advise you to get a tailor specialized in wedding dresses and suits.A friend from the Spanish Garrison sent me the patterns and some reference images.I'll upload them to a Google Drive folder and post it here.

Note: The inner cloak and the lining of the outer one are all from the same fabric,as well as the sash.When you give the tailor the lining cloth do not give them the velvet too.Get the inner cloak done first,and if that one's good,then you can start cutting and sewing the velvet.

Crimson8

Post by Crimson8 »

Hi. I’m not proud of my monk look but here’s an inner robe pic that may help you. There’s a zip at the back which is definitely the best option unless you like Velcro on your skin. My seamstress has the pattern but it’s pretty standard for a Thawb dress.

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

The person that made mine also makes AOTC ones. I have a thread in the ROTS forum.

Arminius

Post by Arminius »

I just started with mine,the seamstress that is making it is very good,but she is from Mexico,I could give you her contact if you want to see iff she could send you the cloak