Building an AOTC

The Red Senate Guard costume as seen in Attack of the Clones

Kasiusa
TKID: 35833

Building an AOTC

Post by Kasiusa »

Working towartd an AOTC build, here is what I have so far:
  • Bucket: Was thinking of going with Lukannon Armory. His work looks nice and he is working on a run.
  • Robes (inner/outer) and gloves: Found a local seamstress. She specializes in cosplay, saw some of her work, looks promising. Will be posting pics as they become available.
  • Boots: Hesitating between Imperial Boots or Soviet Boots. Comparing prices and shipping, they seem close to each other. Any ideas regarding the quality comparison ?
  • Forcespike: Since building stuff from scratch is not my forte, and seeing as it is not mandatory for a first approval, might postpone this for later
This is what I have at the moment

Cheers!

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Re: Building an AOTC

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Welcome and enjoy your build.

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Sounds like you're onto it. It's a great build but not easy so take it slowly and ask for advice. I wish you all the best. And if you want to know about forcepike building I have a thread with details here and it's not too hard if you build it from a pool cue stick for 8 ball. Get one that screws apart in the middle for ease of transport. You'll also need silver spray paint and some pvc pipe and plumbing fittings. A few other things but that's what I used mainly.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Kasiusa

Post by Kasiusa »

Starting to see things coming around nicely. Received bucket from Lukannon Armory

It looks great.

Found a seamstress willing to work with me for robes. Should have some pics of the softgoods coming shortly :D

Kasiusa

Post by Kasiusa »

CrimsonGuard wrote:Sounds like you're onto it. It's a great build but not easy so take it slowly and ask for advice. I wish you all the best. And if you want to know about forcepike building I have a thread with details here and it's not too hard if you build it from a pool cue stick for 8 ball. Get one that screws apart in the middle for ease of transport. You'll also need silver spray paint and some pvc pipe and plumbing fittings. A few other things but that's what I used mainly.
Yes I saw your post. Also looking for 3D printing options. Our garrison has some folks that do take orders. Will see. Still have a couple of months.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Kasiusa wrote:
CrimsonGuard wrote:Sounds like you're onto it. It's a great build but not easy so take it slowly and ask for advice. I wish you all the best. And if you want to know about forcepike building I have a thread with details here and it's not too hard if you build it from a pool cue stick for 8 ball. Get one that screws apart in the middle for ease of transport. You'll also need silver spray paint and some pvc pipe and plumbing fittings. A few other things but that's what I used mainly.
Yes I saw your post. Also looking for 3D printing options. Our garrison has some folks that do take orders. Will see. Still have a couple of months.
With the relatively fine details on the forcepike, 3d printing likely isn't the best option to go here as you'll have a lielyhood of a brittle pike that can snap at any time and becomes a hazard to you and anyone around you. Stick with the pool cue or metal pikes.

Kasiusa

Post by Kasiusa »

stripes wrote:
Kasiusa wrote:
With the relatively fine details on the forcepike, 3d printing likely isn't the best option to go here as you'll have a lielyhood of a brittle pike that can snap at any time and becomes a hazard to you and anyone around you. Stick with the pool cue or metal pikes.
sorry should have mentioned 3D printing the fine details and adding them to a pool cue or metal pikes.

Thx for the feedback though.

Kasiusa

Post by Kasiusa »

Continuing on my build. First fitting is done:

Would appreciate any comments/criticism

Thx!

Echo
Detachment Webmaster
TKID: 12132

Post by Echo »

Nitpicky detail, but you want a few layers/draping in the front to create a 'waterfall' sort of effect.

It also gives the bonus effect of not feeling so snug across one's chest... ;)
---
Emily McRae
GEC/GWL - Outer Rim Garrison
DPRO/DWM - Sovereign Protectors

Kasiusa

Post by Kasiusa »

Echo wrote:Nitpicky detail, but you want a few layers/draping in the front to create a 'waterfall' sort of effect.

It also gives the bonus effect of not feeling so snug across one's chest... ;)
I had plans of lowering the neck line so it is not so thigh. Would you have a picture of the effect you are speaking of ?