Received IB robes today

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Ralom
TKID: 31443

Re: Received IB robes today

Post by Ralom »

Thank you for the feedback! If you don’t mind my asking, the pic of the set on the website (https://www.imperialboots.com/product/i ... guard-set/) shows the robe with a lot of folds along the front. It seems excessive. Is that allowed? Did yours come that way? It also shows the sleeves of the robe overlapping the gloves. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

iceknyght
TKID: 81175

Post by iceknyght »

You'll want some vertical folds in the front (it's not flat in front), and while the IB robes do have a lot of material (yes, mine came that was as well), a) you'll have the get in hemmed anyway and b) it takes a little bit of trial and error, but eventually you'll get the correct laying of the folds, where there are folds, but looks right...

And per the CRL for the RotJ Guard, you'll want the gloves "under" the the sleeves (From the CRL: Gloves are worn underneath the inner robe sleeves).

Ralom

Post by Ralom »

I’m about to order the robes from IB. I just noticed the following in the CRL:

“Outer Robes
The outer robe is constructed of crimson red velvet or velveteen. Velour, crushed or panne velvet are not acceptable.
The robe is lined with burgundy or wine colour velvet or velveteen.“

Does that mean the inside of the outer robe/cape is a different color from the outside of the robe/cape? Is it red on the outside and lined with burgundy on the inside? I know the thawb is burgundy, but just checking about the outer robe/cape.

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

Yes, the inner lining of the outer robe is the same color as the inner robes (a wine color). The outer part is red. They are two separate fabrics/pieces that come sewed together at the neck hole.

Everything is the wine color (inner robe, sash, belt, gloves, etc) *except* the outer robe and boots, which are red...

Ralom

Post by Ralom »

Thanks for clearing that up! Does Imperial Boots make the outer robe to that specification? I can’t tell from their pics.

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

Yes. What I wrote is exactly how mine were made from them.

Ralom

Post by Ralom »

Thanks again for the help. I placed my order, and I’m looking forward to trooping one the future!

Now to find a bucket...

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

Awesome! Just remember, you'll still need to hem both the robes (they come long)!

I have the Rubie's helmet, which is nice, but heavy. There are a few that do ABS buckets that are lighter, but I haven't seen any in person myself, so can't say how good they look... Good luck!

Ralom

Post by Ralom »

I see Korbanth makes a helmet and have read good things in other threads. I’m just concerned about how close the red from the helmet will match the red of the cape. How close do the two colors have to be, especially since they’re two completely different materials?

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

Pretty close. I mean, you can look at screen shots of the movie or even other members here to get an idea of how close. The lighting will make a difference as well, since like you said, they're 2 different materials... Worst case scenario, you can always repaint. I don't know much about the Korbanth, so can't really help you on how close of a match it is...