Irishknots WIP thread

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

irishknots
TKID: 97140

Irishknots WIP thread

Post by irishknots »

Got my under robe and force pike done. Thoughts?

Robes/gloves/shoes are all Imperial Boots manufacture

Home made force Pike from a pool cue.

Your thoughts and impressions are all welcome.

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Re: Irishknots WIP thread

Post by OCD_Chad »

I like those boots. For Return of the Jedi the gloves go underneath the inner robe sleeves.

irishknots

Post by irishknots »

OCD_Chad wrote:I like those boots. For Return of the Jedi the gloves go underneath the inner robe sleeves.
Perfect! Thank you. Will remedy that before I go for app.

iceknyght
TKID: 81175

Post by iceknyght »

Not 100% sure it matters for approval (I don't see anything specific in the CRL's), but I believe the zipper goes in the back. That's how I put mine on anyway...

FO3Winger

Post by FO3Winger »

It may be fine as long as it's not seen. gonna have a big robe covering it anyways.

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

FO3Winger wrote:It may be fine as long as it's not seen. gonna have a big robe covering it anyways.
True, but if you ever do the open "attack" pose, you might be able to see it... Or at least, might make the area flow/pucker weird due to the zipper...

Either way, it would probably work, but I definitely prefer the zipper in the back...

OCD_Chad
TKID: 56868

Post by OCD_Chad »

iceknyght wrote:Not 100% sure it matters for approval (I don't see anything specific in the CRL's), but I believe the zipper goes in the back. That's how I put mine on anyway...
That's what I'm thinking too. If you need to get dressed by yourself you can put a strip of fabric/string on the zipper and attach the other end behind your neck, similar to how Vader bodysuits are. Unzip it enough just to get your head through and then throw the whole robe over your head, going arms first.

iceknyght

Post by iceknyght »

OCD_Chad wrote:
iceknyght wrote:Not 100% sure it matters for approval (I don't see anything specific in the CRL's), but I believe the zipper goes in the back. That's how I put mine on anyway...
That's what I'm thinking too. If you need to get dressed by yourself you can put a strip of fabric/string on the zipper and attach the other end behind your neck, similar to how Vader bodysuits are. Unzip it enough just to get your head through and then throw the whole robe over your head, going arms first.
Yeah, for me, I don't need to unzip all the way to get in and out of the inner robes, so I can unzip to about half to 3/4 down, get in/out and still reach it to zip back up by myself. I have thought about adding a strip to the zipper (just in case), but so far, I haven't *needed* to...

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Gloves and boots look great. Thawb is not hanging loose at front probably because it's too tight with zipper all the way up front section, but what will fix it is zipper at back and only down to neck which is enough to get head inside. Looks good though overall. The forcepike will need to be spray painted silver at top as theres no gold on pikes though if looks cool like that. So well done thus far. Now the tricky part is the outer robe. Post progress shots of this to avoid mistakes. :trsuit:
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

irishknots

Post by irishknots »

Crimson8 wrote:Gloves and boots look great. Thawb is not hanging loose at front probably because it's too tight with zipper all the way up front section, but what will fix it is zipper at back and only down to neck which is enough to get head inside. Looks good though overall. The forcepike will need to be spray painted silver at top as theres no gold on pikes though if looks cool like that. So well done thus far. Now the tricky part is the outer robe. Post progress shots of this to avoid mistakes. :trsuit:
I probably just need to change the gold to a more copper color per the CRL. Make it a bit darker

Force Pikes SHOULD have:
• Black plastic tapered pommel
• 'Rasp' emitter end of stacked ring design or serrated design in metallic copper, or silver, preferably constructed of turned plastic for screen-accuracy.
• Use of chrome tape on the pike shaft.