Fabric for robes

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Romlyn

Fabric for robes

Post by Romlyn »

Hi all!

I've decided to start my journey on getting ready for 501st approval for the ROTJ imperial guard.

This will probably be the first of many questions but to start i just want to see if these fabrics are OK?

I was saw this fabric for the inner robes. It's a wine-coloured velveteen, however, i suspect the shine on it will probably make it not ok?

Next I found a crimson coloured velvet for the outer robes. It seems to be a decent weight as well and has a good colour.

Also the CRL says that i should use a burgundy suede for the gloves. If i got that correct this fabric should work?

Just a small note due to the lighting of the store and just using a phone camera the fabrics are just a touch darker than shown in the pictures.

Thanks in advance for any help or criticism. (also if you live in Australia and know of a better place to get the fabrics that information would be much appreciated :D )

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Fabric for robes

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Lighting can be tricky. I alway take a photo of the information that way others can see in person and give feedback.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Romlyn

Post by Romlyn »

So i finally got back there and got pictues of the the tags.

This is the information of the inner robe fabric.

Heres the information for the fabric for the gloves.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Yeah that would be good to go.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard