ROTJ In Progress!

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

DragonLady

ROTJ In Progress!

Post by DragonLady »

It is finally starting to come together! Lukannon bucket, robe, under tunic, belt, gloves boots. Have al the parts for pike, so that is the next!

Working on hemming the robes, and first time was a bit wonky, so having to fix. I have it pinned up, and wanted to get another look over before stitching!

Front

Right Side

Back

Left Side

~Kathleen
~Kathleen

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Re: ROTJ In Progress!

Post by Crimson8 »

Keep working on it. The pictures of robes look fine so far.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Kemen
TKID: 63982

Post by Kemen »

Be mindful of your hem height. You definetly do not want your velvet touching the ground I can see in some spots this is still the case. Definetly get someone to hem it while you are wearing it.

DragonLady

Post by DragonLady »

CrimsonGuard wrote:Keep working on it. The pictures of robes look fine so far.
Thank you!

Kemen wrote:Be mindful of your hem height. You definetly do not want your velvet touching the ground I can see in some spots this is still the case. Definetly get someone to hem it while you are wearing it.
Thank you! This is what I am working on now, and it is been a struggle to get right. I know it cannot be more than 1” off the ground so am more worried about being too short! Ideal height is just off the ground?
~Kathleen

Kemen
TKID: 63982

Post by Kemen »

You want it so it looks like its floating and your folds hang straight down. The 1inch is quite low as it is so aim for that, but pin it and look to see if your happy with it. Some movie shots I have researched maybe contradictory to the 1inch notion, but thats what the current CRL is and what your GML will critique you on.

DragonLady

Post by DragonLady »

Kemen wrote:You want it so it looks like its floating and your folds hang straight down. The 1inch is quite low as it is so aim for that, but pin it and look to see if your happy with it. Some movie shots I have researched maybe contradictory to the 1inch notion, but thats what the current CRL is and what your GML will critique you on.
Thank you Kemen! I will do that!
~Kathleen