TR-62609 Build thread

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Gurgi
TKID: 62609

TR-62609 Build thread

Post by Gurgi »

Here is where I will start with my build thread. It will take me some time as my wife (seamstress) is in college full time, but I will be posting progress pics and also pics of fabrics and items I acquire along the way.

Sp far I have fabric for the outer robe, and I just got some boots that I need opinions on. I think they may be a tad dark but the price was super cheap and they are comfy. I am hoping to get them to the right color if they are not correct to start with.

Thanks
Tom
:jawa:

Gurgi

Re: TR-62609 Build thread

Post by Gurgi »

Here are the boots in question. Any feedback would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/EZlkwVs

Thanks
Tom

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Hi. I’m not positive about the colour as it is difficult to know with a photo, however the shape with pointed boot looks good to me. I will pass this onto the team to see how they feel.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

Hi again. I just asked the team If those boots are ok. The main consensus is can you please provide pictures in daylight or with sunlight as they appear to be too dark in the photos provided.

Team members of ROTJ guards are using crowprops as their provider to have approvable boots. They seem to be the best resource generally.

Look forward to your progress.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania

Gurgi

Post by Gurgi »

Thanks for the reply, I talked to our garrison also and many say they seem to dark, I am going to try and lighten them since they were so cheap and they are comfortable. If not then, I will be following the suggestion and getting others.

Thanks
Tom
:jawa:

Kemen
TKID: 63982

Post by Kemen »

Shape looks excellent. I would say from pic they are quite maroon rather than red. Check it against your robe material and it will tell you.

Gurgi

Post by Gurgi »

Thanks for that tip. I will be redoing the color and that is a great way to get them to match. They are super comfy and they were cheap, that is why I am willing to work on the color.