First Time Build

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Gibby336

First Time Build

Post by Gibby336 »

Hello all, I am currently planning my first build. I am lucky in the fact that my wife is a very good seamstress, so the robes, gloves & sash are taken care of. I think I have found some boots that will at least work to start with. My questions to you guys are:

1) I have seen a lot of references about the visor on the Rubies helmet needing to be
changed. Isn't the ROTJ black and not red? Is there some other reason it should be
swapped out?

2) Have you guys had any luck with the Rubies force pike? The reviews are pretty
terrible.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm just getting started with this and I'm on a tight timeline for a con at the end of February. I plan on upgrading everything eventually, just trying to get a workable uniform to start.

dwdj75
TKID: 79994

Re: First Time Build

Post by dwdj75 »

The Rubies visor is no where near dark enough. It needs to hide your eyes even if someone takes a picture with a flash.

There are multiple ways to darken the visor, from just putting a dark window film on the visor you have, to completely replacing with a low cost face shield !

A couple of examples !

https://www.amazon.com/Gila-Privacy-Sta ... indow+film

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VECKRO/re ... 45833&sr=1

Gibby336

Post by Gibby336 »

Thanks for the tip. I have a buddy with an auto accessories shop, I will just swing by and pick up some dark window tint.

dwdj75
TKID: 79994

Post by dwdj75 »

Just make sure it is a non reflective tint !

Crimson8
TKID: 18887

Post by Crimson8 »

It’s easier to build your own
Forcepike

I have a thread on it and there are others. Modify a pool cue stick and paint it silver after adding handles and pvc pipes.
AUSSIE AOTC ROYAL GUARD: Raising the forcepike in Tasmania