First build

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Kemen
TKID: 63982

Re: First build

Post by Kemen »

Boots...were pretty easy to find in end I am a size12 and these have some nice concealed lifts in heel.

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Modified the rubies bucket. I since have a Lukannon Armoury one.

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Half suited and more of an old progress pic. Inner no sash, cabbagefarmer custom order pike, rubies helmet and an early version cloth glove and boots

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Outer robe being pinned up to try make pleats for waterfall and vertical drape in front.

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Inner and outer red on manequin and outer lining on floor all sewn up ready to be put on outer.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Kemen wrote:Half suited and more of an old progress pic. Inner no sash, cabbagefarmer custom order pike, rubies helmet and an early version cloth glove and boots
What did you use to hem the inner robes? You should not be seeing the hem seam like that (read: not approvable)

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Not sure what (read: not approvable) means?
I didnt read any where in the crl that the hem needs to be invisible and cant really find any screen shots that show the inner robe hem.
The hem is slightly gathered and the sun coming in the door doesnt help that at all. The double velvet is very notorious to sew and gathers exceptionally easy. Can you point me to somewhere in the forum that describes the requirement for hem on inner robe please.
Kemen

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

Kemen wrote:Not sure what (read: not approvable) means?
I didnt read any where in the crl that the hem needs to be invisible and cant really find any screen shots that show the inner robe hem.
The hem is slightly gathered and the sun coming in the door doesnt help that at all. The double velvet is very notorious to sew and gathers exceptionally easy. Can you point me to somewhere in the forum that describes the requirement for hem on inner robe please.
Kemen
All hems on the robes need to be as invisible as possible. The state of these inner robes are not approvable as is.

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Outer finished....

Kemen

Post by Kemen »

Just an update...been approved
TR-63982

Kemen