Build under way

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Kalrir

Build under way

Post by Kalrir »

My rubies helmet arrived today and is about as perfect a fit I could hope for. I have a wee bit of play that I resolved with some simple padding. I'd honestly be hesitant to have gone with anything smaller than this! I'm glad I made the choice I did. I've already got a replacement welder's visor on the way to cut up. I have also gotten my hands on a pool cue and am now hunting for greeblies. I'm intending to do the ringed rasp. At the moment, I am strongly considering the Imperial Boots full set. Since suede boots are a must on the ROTJ, knocking out all the birds with one expensive stone is tempting. Plus, my sewing skills are rudimentary at best, and I think I've exhausted my favors with my seamstress friend.

Starwarsgeek18
TKID: 10565

Re: Build under way

Post by Starwarsgeek18 »

I've got a set from IB, minus the boots which I had to order from a different spot due to my feet being too big for their sizes, 100% worth it though, just as a warning there will be excess so you can hem to your measurements. But looks great and feels like a weighted blanket. Good luck!!!

CrashedAT-AT
TKID: 28977

Post by CrashedAT-AT »

I'm a fan of my IB set too - as above, they'll need hemmed as they're intentionally left long to allow adaptation for individual height.
TR: Royal Guard: ROTJ
ID: Imperial Line Officer (Executor); TA: AT-AT Commander
Rebel Legion Causeway Base XO

Kalrir

Post by Kalrir »

Yeah I was keen to figure out the length situation. I'm glad they do it that way. Didn't want to order something and have it be too short after all.

Though TFU royal guard is singing a siren song of it's own.

From what I understand of how the 501st does things, there are tiers of events? As far as canonicity is concerned. Some events have naturally excluded me as a Mandalorian Merc member seeing as I am not canon in the slightest. Then, expanded canon only. Then strict movie canon above that? So the RoTJ guard would be acceptable at all levels or canonicity whereas a TFU guard could potentially be excluded?

And likewise, since I would want a TFU red guard and not the shadow guard, and the red lacks a crl. It'd be a lot more fuss to get in especially as a first 501st costume when compared against the RoTJ, right?

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Kalrir wrote:Yeah I was keen to figure out the length situation. I'm glad they do it that way. Didn't want to order something and have it be too short after all.

Though TFU royal guard is singing a siren song of it's own.

From what I understand of how the 501st does things, there are tiers of events? As far as canonicity is concerned. Some events have naturally excluded me as a Mandalorian Merc member seeing as I am not canon in the slightest. Then, expanded canon only. Then strict movie canon above that? So the RoTJ guard would be acceptable at all levels or canonicity whereas a TFU guard could potentially be excluded?

And likewise, since I would want a TFU red guard and not the shadow guard, and the red lacks a crl. It'd be a lot more fuss to get in especially as a first 501st costume when compared against the RoTJ, right?

The Crl for the red is going to be basically the same. The only difference is color of armor parts.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

Kalrir

Post by Kalrir »

Will that include the AotC outer robe w/ backslit? I really like the look of that, but I'd heard that since it's only explicitly shown on the shadowguard that the redguard wouldn't be approvable with it.