Never mind

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

TantivOdessa

Never mind

Post by TantivOdessa »

This needs to be deleted
Last edited by TantivOdessa on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Re: 12ft by 12ft Velvet Squares

Post by stripes »

I'll be interested to see how the fabric turns out, but I believe you are misinformed on the pattern... there is more to this than just cutting a large circle with a hole for your head to go through and there were seams on the originals, they are just very well hidden.

TantivOdessa

Post by TantivOdessa »

How many pieces were the originals made of? And most of the pattern I have seen were mostly circles with a slightly different shape on the front for the right shoulder seam and arm gap. I am not expecting it to be super simple. But this way I am hoping to get rid of most of the seams since I have had very little luck making unnoticable seams and i dont want six noticable on my costume.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

TantivOdessa wrote:How many pieces were the originals made of? And most of the pattern I have seen were mostly circles with a slightly different shape on the front for the right shoulder seam and arm gap. I am not expecting it to be super simple. But this way I am hoping to get rid of most of the seams since I have had very little luck making unnoticable seams and i dont want six noticable on my costume.
From what I have seen, there were at least 3, if not 4 pieces to create the proper look along with the draping effect. Unfortunately there isn't a set pattern that I have seen that replicates the draping that was seen on screen as yet.