Rotj build wip

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Skyrender
TKID: 41078

Re: Rotj build wip

Post by Skyrender »

Interested in watching your build. I noticed the IB set and was very interested in this since it would cost me more to source the materials than what they are offering for a complete ensemble of soft parts.

I got my Pike from Cabbage Farmer and the quality is awesome! I plan to get my Helmet from Lukannon Armory.

Very interested to see how the soft parts are since I plan to put my order in once i see feedback from others first.

Sokar117
TKID: 34300

Post by Sokar117 »

Skyrender wrote:Interested in watching your build. I noticed the IB set and was very interested in this since it would cost me more to source the materials than what they are offering for a complete ensemble of soft parts.

I got my Pike from Cabbage Farmer and the quality is awesome! I plan to get my Helmet from Lukannon Armory.

Very interested to see how the soft parts are since I plan to put my order in once i see feedback from others first.
I will post pictures and impressions as soon as I get the parts. It seems that it takes quite some time for IB to dispatch the items. The new wave is open and I still have no notification of shipment.

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

ugcspawn wrote:did you order the IB on the October's wave? I did, and each day I check my account for update!!!
I asked them about any shipping estimate and my order is now on the way, but they have no tracking info yet. maybe yours is also on the way now.

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

I got mine friday. Overall, happy. They made a mistake in the glove size (shipped L vs my XL order). Will see how they handle it. Big difference between the robe and inner robe sizing. The inner's size is just right, almost tight fitting, but the outer is huge! One of my concern was about the lenght, but it's very long. I'll have to make adjustments but at least the cloth is right on. Can't wait to have your input as well.

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

ugcspawn wrote:I got mine friday. Overall, happy. They made a mistake in the glove size (shipped L vs my XL order). Will see how they handle it. Big difference between the robe and inner robe sizing. The inner's size is just right, almost tight fitting, but the outer is huge! One of my concern was about the lenght, but it's very long. I'll have to make adjustments but at least the cloth is right on. Can't wait to have your input as well.
OK interesting, I got notified today by DHL that it's still in Hong Kong but i should expect delivery by Friday, where i will leave for Vienna Comic Con. I will probably report mid next week how it fits. It's good that the outer robe is longer, you can always cut away ;-)

Skyrender
TKID: 41078

Post by Skyrender »

ugcspawn wrote:I got mine friday. Overall, happy. They made a mistake in the glove size (shipped L vs my XL order). Will see how they handle it. Big difference between the robe and inner robe sizing. The inner's size is just right, almost tight fitting, but the outer is huge! One of my concern was about the lenght, but it's very long. I'll have to make adjustments but at least the cloth is right on. Can't wait to have your input as well.
They had said they would be long for you to hem since each person will be a different height and you need it only 1" off the floor so there is no way for them to do it for you since broader shoulders could change that measurement. My main concern is color and that everything matches. If this is as good as you are saying then and when i see some pictures then i can going to jump on this. How much was the shipping?

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

Skyrender wrote:How much was the shipping?
The next wave is in december, by then i will upload some pictures from my side.

Shipping for me was 140 USD with DHL flatrate...

I'll probably need to add another 100-140 usd to the total for import taxes...

ugcspawn
TKID: 29030

Post by ugcspawn »

120$ USD for me, to Qc, Canada. Had to pay 38$ can for customs.

Colorwise, everything match on my side.

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

Total import costs for me were 135 euros... but i also had in addition to the set the tie fighter gloves. The import taxes here in Luxembourg are just ridiculous high.

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

Got my items today and I must say so far I am very happy with the results, quality is awesome. For the sizes I ordered everything my size or just above in case i was not sure except the shoes which I ordered 2 sizes over my normal size and they fit great. The inner tunic is quite tight fitting, especially for the chest area and the overall length is also way too much for me and i am 1,83m. It has a zipper in the back. The outer robe is a nice heavy material and the same as for the inner robe, it’s way too long for me, but an easy change to make.

The only slight concern, not for myself but maybe for other people, are the gloves as they are supposed to be worn under the inner robe, some people might have problems getting the gloves to fit under the robe as they are mostly the same as the normal classic gauntlets and the inner robe is not very wide around the wrist area.

The sash has a nice velcro closure to change the seize as required and the middle stripe can be adjusted as well.

Now the balaclava and neckseal, great items as well. Not sure if I would use them regularly, probably the neckseal more than the balaclave.

Here some photos just after unpacking.

https://i.imgur.com/4VX5FPP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ebufEbN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eWNHdI2.jpg