Rotj build wip

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Skyrender
TKID: 41078

Re: Rotj build wip

Post by Skyrender »

Looks really good. A lot of extra material for sure and the neckseal/balaclava are nice additions. Do you have your helmet yet? Looking for find a Helmet that will match the robes in color

Sokar117
TKID: 34300

Post by Sokar117 »

Skyrender wrote:Looks really good. A lot of extra material for sure and the neckseal/balaclava are nice additions. Do you have your helmet yet? Looking for find a Helmet that will match the robes in color
No not yet, last info i have it should be shipped by the end of this month. Given travel time and customs cleareance i hope to get it before christmas.

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

I have received the helmet :trsuit: . It arrived without any issues, the transportbox provided a good protection ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/GT0K3p3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vBLWDAI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2S5ijQz.jpg

Now if i look at the crl picture, for me it would be ok colorwise, but i would like some input from you guys if the color is close enough.

The other thing is, how do you guys survive in that thing???

The visor is glued shut, so no air is coming in from that front, I have seen some builds here where people use these mobile coolers.

I was thinking maybe adding some fans in the top to blow towards the visor and add some in the bottom to blow air up to my face for starters.

Skyrender
TKID: 41078

Post by Skyrender »

From the pictures from the CRL it looks similar to the one shown there, But from movie shots the color match is closer. Maybe check with some other photo's from those that have been approved and see how theirs looks.

Can i ask where you got the Helmet made? Would it have been possible to get it unpainted so you could have digitally matched the robe color and paint it yourself? I think this may be the route i may have to take.

For fans for inside of the helmet i have been told that UKswrath from the stormtrooper forums also has a fan setup for guard helms, I will probably look into this once i can lockdown a helmet.

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

Skyrender wrote:From the pictures from the CRL it looks similar to the one shown there, But from movie shots the color match is closer. Maybe check with some other photo's from those that have been approved and see how theirs looks.

Can i ask where you got the Helmet made? Would it have been possible to get it unpainted so you could have digitally matched the robe color and paint it yourself? I think this may be the route i may have to take.

For fans for inside of the helmet i have been told that UKswrath from the stormtrooper forums also has a fan setup for guard helms, I will probably look into this once i can lockdown a helmet.
The problem is that i don't have the means to paint it myself and to give it to a company to have it repainted is just ridiculously expensive here. So i knew from the start that there would be a mismatch of the colors.

The helmet is from TK-Sonic here on the forum. He also does them unpainted.

I need to ask UKswrath then, i just received some other things from him but i did not see any guard helm setups.

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

The colour match in the helmet is too far off for approval. It should be a much closer match to the colour of the fabric.

Cybermew3
TKID: 5973

Post by Cybermew3 »

How does the colour look in a photo taken outside in the sun? Just in case it's all light stuffing up how it looks (it might not make a difference though)?

TR - 5973 (ROTJ)
Dylan "Norbitt" Saunders
Redback Garrison
2014 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - PR Team
2018 - Sovereign Protectors Detachment Command - COG

Sokar117

Post by Sokar117 »

I put this project on hold for the moment until better weather comes back and i could take other photos or repaint the helmet. Until I have a ventilation system going there is no point for validation or trooping.