Imperial Boots Ensemble?

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

CrashedAT-AT
TKID: 28977

Imperial Boots Ensemble?

Post by CrashedAT-AT »

Just started looking around, came across the robes, gloves, boots on Imperial Boots - does anyone know if it's clearable?

http://www.imperialboots.com/product/red-guard/

Thanks!

:tr:
TR: Royal Guard: ROTJ
ID: Imperial Line Officer (Executor); TA: AT-AT Commander
Rebel Legion Causeway Base XO

SidgeniCroskin
TKID: 61131

Re: Imperial Boots Ensemble?

Post by SidgeniCroskin »

I saw this a little while back. I cannot accurately say as to whether or not it is approvable. For me, personally, I would not pursue an option that I would not be able to try on or myself for my own personal, unique fit. I got my gloves from this site and they're great. But (pulled directly from the site) "We suggest that you double check your size by taking the measurement against your body. The measurements shown on the charts are indicative only, due to the specifics of the making , their maybe up to 2 cm variation in the final product." What of those of us that have a waist and short arms or broad shoulders yet long arms? These options may not look/feel right.

Again, this is just my thought. I would prefer something that fit me better than a 'cookie cutter' pattern.
Andy Youell
TR/TB-61131
Sovereign Protector/Pathfinder

stripes
Former DL
TKID: 3676

Post by stripes »

As with any costume, it isn't going to be approvable out of the box or given a stamp of approval without it being worn. Approval for membership depends not just on the materials themselves but also on the fit to the individual costumer. Just because it looks good in a picture from a manufacturer does not mean it will look good when you receive it or put it on (see cosplaysky guard costumes for an example).

As no one has purchased this set and submitted it for review/approval, we have no reference to provide any feedback on this vendor at this time.

CrashedAT-AT
TKID: 28977

Post by CrashedAT-AT »

stripes wrote:As no one has purchased this set and submitted it for review/approval, we have no reference to provide any feedback on this vendor at this time.
Thanks, think I'll look about a bit (a LOT) more!
TR: Royal Guard: ROTJ
ID: Imperial Line Officer (Executor); TA: AT-AT Commander
Rebel Legion Causeway Base XO