Question about Boots

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

Cupcake42
TKID: 42007

Question about Boots

Post by Cupcake42 »

So when I bought the fabric last year...yes lest year...I bought it thinking I was going to do ROTJ. So I have beautiful triple red velvet and a wine/burgundy velveteen to be the inner part. However I was reviewing the CRL and noticed that there is no caveat about black boots for those with larger feet.

Can I use black jack boots, or engineer boot, for a ROTJ Guard? I have a pair of engineer boots with a black zipper on the inside and only an upper strap. I am also working on a Tie Pilot so I will have those boots too. If those wont work then I have a lot of velveteen I wont be using and will switch to an ROTS guard with the 4 panels and different inner lining.

Its taking me far to long on the ROTJ robe because I cant find a pattern for n00bs. I'm not all that crafty so I'm being careful, plus I have 2 other costumes I'm working on. This is the one I started on first which is why I have all the fabric and a helmet that's being painted at a body shop. However my crew decided they wanted to do Mandos :boba: and I'm easily swayed. However that's 90% done and now I want the Guard done :tr2: .

Thanks
Cupcake

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: Question about Boots

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

While the Red suede boots are the correct boots for the guards, we at the detachment allow black conservative heel boots with no decorations for alternatives for large foot size.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

Cupcake, I would like to pass on to you the same advice that I was given a few months ago when the CRL changed in regard to the boots: Ask your Garrison GML whether or not they will allow the black boots. Even with the detachment leader stating that it is acceptable, it will be your Garrison that approves or denies your costume. Pass on Lucious's statement, and they may accept it or they may not. The new CRL does not mention anything about black boots being an acceptable alternative. The old one did. My detachment would not allow it since it isn't in the CRL.

As for a robe pattern, I used a medieval "fitted" style cloak. Remove the hood, move the opening from the front to the side, and add some material for pleats and an overlap on the right shoulder.

Cupcake42
TKID: 42007

Post by Cupcake42 »

Thanks all!

I'll get with my local garrison and ask around.

Cupcake