CRL Changes

The Imperial Royal Guard costume as seen in Return of the Jedi

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

CRL Changes

Post by JesterTDA »

Did I miss the CRL change discussion about the boots? It's possible.

LuciousTalvloinne
Former DL
TKID: 4126

Re: CRL Changes

Post by LuciousTalvloinne »

Its being set into effect as there are now more sources to actually obtain correct fabric boots for the costume versus what we had a decade ago.
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard

cooldevo
TKID: 12380

Post by cooldevo »

I personally like the change, and LuciousTalvloinne is right, there are at least two places (that I know of) that sell great red boots.

Imperial Boots (accurate, about $169.99USD plus shipping/fees, have to buy in waves, no idea on shipping speed)
AliExpress (reasonably accurate, about $20-50US including shipping and usually no fees, buy whenever, usually up to 60/90 days for delivery)

The boots I picked up on AliExpress were over-the-knee, but were easily fixable via a pair of scissors and a needle and thread to roughly stitch the two layers togethers. I have veyr little sewing experience and it took me about 5 minutes to do the cutting and sewing.

aislefive
Detachment Costume Advisor
TKID: 29292

Post by aislefive »

Still haven't found any place that sells larger sized boots though.
Mark Naber
TR-29292
Aislefive
Ohio Garrison
Gem City Squad
Garrison Membership Liaison

JesterTDA
TKID: 9392

Post by JesterTDA »

The availability of the boots isn't my concern (not really). My main concern is that there is no evidence that ROTJ wore red boots onscreen.

IVLIANVS

Post by IVLIANVS »

LuciousTalvloinne wrote:Its being set into effect as there are now more sources to actually obtain correct fabric boots for the costume versus what we had a decade ago.
Can we get a list of all of these alleged abundant sources, then? Previously, I had only heard of Imperial Boots, and they are not taking orders right now.
What I could find from AliExpress that cooldevo mentioned are WAY too small (Women's size 8 is the largest).
JesterTDA wrote:The availability of the boots isn't my concern (not really). My main concern is that there is no evidence that ROTJ wore red boots onscreen.
There is this, and then my concern is the sudden wholesale change. I mean, no warning, no grace period, just flip a switch and BOOM?
Consider the possibility that someone could have just submitted an application and taken photos yesterday after last having looked at the CRL a week or more ago. Suddenly what they thought was a complete costume will not pass only because of this abrupt change? That seems a bit harsh, to me.

My own costume just went from final fitting and touches to waiting for a lead time from Imperial unless something else pops up.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

Crowprops is another seller of red boots up to size 15

There will be changes in every crl of every detachment any time. Some are small and some are bigger.
New CRLs are developed and due to better visual sources old ones are edited.
You as detachment members will be first to know.
When you are building a costume and finished it just before the changes got official you just should tell your gmo that you build it after the last CRL.
There is some time of transition before the edited CRL are in full effect.
Just talk to the gmo.

Tango Kilo
TKID: 69671

Post by Tango Kilo »

The boots change sucks !!! Black boots are way easier and cheaper to find. The velvet already costs an arm and a leg, the helmet too, the gloves... Aliexpress is way too small for me, Imperial boots takes forever and they want $170 !!! Crowprops wants $120 !! By the time I'm done, it's gonna be just as expensive as a TK....

Could you please re-consider and re-instates the black boots option ??

Gruff
TKID: 11014

Post by Gruff »

With regard to the Outer Robe, What does "The front should fall like a Waterfall from under the tip of the helmet." mean?

If it means wavy then Detachment Command obviously missed the part where there is a flat chested Royal Guard in ROTJ.

Sascha_Wilsing
Former DL
TKID: 12112

Post by Sascha_Wilsing »

If anybody is making a guard cause it is supposed to be a cheap option to get a costume i am sorry.

I will change the waterfall part for better understanding. We dont forgot the flat guard as we said "should".